Front u-joint 2011 Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Front u-joint 2011 Rubicon

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
COLE77

Front u-joint 2011 Rubicon

I brought my jeep to the dealer this week since under warranty and front u-joint was bad, they called me back and said that the u-joint could not be replaced they had to replace the hole axle shaft. I find that hard to believe, I am not a mechanic but I do my own repairs on my 2006 power wagon and all of my older trucks I had never heard tell off a u-joint that could not be replace on a solid axle. Told my wife if this is the case we would not be keeping the jeep since in and outer shaft with joint must be expensive. I also checked the work done and sure enough they changed the hole assembly on the driver side. Any input welcome.

COLE77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The way I understand it....
They updated the u-joint, and it will not fit the original inner shafts.
Now that they replaced the inner shaft and the updated u-joint under warranty, next time you can replace just the u-joint with another updated one, keeping your new axle shaft.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.