front shocks hit frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > front shocks hit frame

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
06bluebeast
2013 JK Wrangler 

front shocks hit frame

Hello, let me say first off i hate threads like this, but i am tired of searching. I recently installed a rk 2.5 max travel lift with bilstein 5100 shocks.

Shortly afterward i went to check clearances and found i was pushing the body of the shock into the frame rail at droop.

I have looked high and low to find the best brackets to correct this and I am not having much success. I really like the nemesis ones but am having trouble swallowing the price tag. What are you guys using?

welding is not out of the question, but would prefer to avoid using a new mount all together, looking for an extension of some sort.

Any body have any luck with the currie brackets?

and before anybody asks, yes i have an adjustable track bar and my front axle is centered dead nuts.

06bluebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Or you could do what I'm doing and cut the OEM mounts off the frame and move them further out

Currie ones are good if you need a bolt on application

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06bluebeast View Post
Hello, let me say first off i hate threads like this, but i am tired of searching. I recently installed a rk 2.5 max travel lift with bilstein 5100 shocks.

Shortly afterward i went to check clearances and found i was pushing the body of the shock into the frame rail at droop.

I have looked high and low to find the best brackets to correct this and I am not having much success. I really like the nemesis ones but am having trouble swallowing the price tag. What are you guys using?

welding is not out of the question, but would prefer to avoid using a new mount all together, looking for an extension of some sort.

Any body have any luck with the currie brackets?

and before anybody asks, yes i have an adjustable track bar and my front axle is centered dead nuts.
I have the same lift and the same shocks and I don't have this issue, are you sure the shocks are the correct length? What vendor did you order the kit through?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Bilsteins come in 3 different lengths. It's going to happen, it's inherent to the design of the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
06bluebeast
2013 JK Wrangler 

Before i did the install i looks up the specs of the shocks. I no longer remember the part number, but i am pretty sure the are the 24-186995. The body of the shock was against the frame rail and the springs had not unseated yet.

With 2 inch bump stops up front I'm showing about 1" of the shaft at full bump, so i doubt they are too long.
06bluebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

My AEV 3.5" lift came with brackets to move the lower shocks outboard to prevent this issue. No matter how much some people hate on the kit (I'm not their biggest fan either) it is pretty complete.

Anyway, synergy has a lower front shock kit that looks pretty similar to the parts that came with my AEV lift for $80. I would give these a shot.
http://www.synergysuspension.com/Syn...t-p-17962.html
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.