Front and Rear Bumper Installation Cost? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Front and Rear Bumper Installation Cost?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
sinjin313

Front and Rear Bumper Installation Cost?

My dealer is going to put the aberle front bumper and rear with tire carrier on for me. My salesman is going to have a tech do it after hours for me to cut down on the cost. What is a fair price for this?

My dealer has been really cool so far, got my aev hood painted and installed for $120 which is way under what I have heard other people paid, but I just want to make sure I am in the right range.

Thanks in advance.

sinjin313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
redrockin7
2008 JK Wrangler 

You must be a very busy guy b/c anyone with a ratchet and some time should be able to install a front and rear bumper, in not too much time, and save the entire cost. I've heard the tire carriers can get somewhat tricky, but even those shouldn't be too bad. A friend as an extra set of hands would be nice, but again, not necessary... (maybe for the rear bumper/carrier if you have to put it on as one unit)

I did my aftermarket front bumper in about an hour, taking my time... I removed and reinstalled the stock rear bumper also when I relocated it to hide a body lift and that took me less than an hour in total (including modifying the mounting points).

I'd say if you had 1/2 day of time (4 hours) you should be able to do a front, rear, and tire carrier, even if you run into problems. With the carrier going smoothly, I'd say 2.5 hours, working at only a moderate pace.
redrockin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

When I bought my Shrockworks front bumper, I had Shrockworks install it for me- they charged $60

I figured it was worth that

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
redrockin7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
When I bought my Shrockworks front bumper, I had Shrockworks install it for me- they charged $60

I figured it was worth that
That's not a bad price and if I was extremely busy with work and other... well, life... I might pay someone that much to install one in that case.

I wouldn't pay much more than $50 - 60 per end though after doing it myself and seeing how easy it is, so if the dealer wants you to give them several hundred bucks to do it, I would pass.
redrockin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you are not comfortable doing it $50 ea is a deal, $75 ea is probably not bad.

Consider they can probably get both done in way less than 2 hours but it will take you 2-3X more time + tools if you don't have them.
Unread 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I guess if you are really mechanically challenged and/or have NO time - that would not be a bad price given current shop labor rates.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
sinjin313

it's a time issue. Career keeps me very, very busy and when I get home I have 2 kids under 2 and an exhausted wife.
sinjin313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.