front and rear bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > front and rear bumper

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
yycwrangler

front and rear bumper

I have purchased a rear and front motion sensor system for my 2014 JKUS. Can anyone tell me if they have done this before and where they drilled and placed their sensors (4 front and 4 back).

If you haven't done it before can you give me an idea what's behind the bumper. Obviously it would be redundant to drill a hole and run into metal behind the plastic cover. Is there spots that have no metal be hid the plastic bumpers

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Al

yycwrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Mlaughlin8
1980 CJ5 

The rear bumper is only about 7lbs of plastic... It's not a bumper at all, no metal at all! I think it's only a cosmetic frame cover... The front, I'm not sure about as I have not removed it yet. Due to my barricade hd front bumper still being on back order...
Mlaughlin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
mpd2434
2014 JK Wrangler 

Nope front bumper is the same as the rear, all plastic.
mpd2434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

The front bumper has some thin spots as it does have a metal backing inside. This plastic bumper is attached to this piece, which then bolts to the frame. A quick Google Images search of "wrangler jk front bumper removal" will have several results showing this piece.

The rear bumper is entirely plastic with a couple metal threaded inserts to hold it on.

I've since discarded mine so I cannot get an accurate measurement. I've seen a few do prox sensors in the rear bumper but never the front.
Demp is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 12:18 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd2434 View Post
Nope front bumper is the same as the rear, all plastic.
No the front is nothing like the rear. Front has a plastic cover over thin metal.

Th rear is all plastic excepting some hanger hardware.
Unread Today, 07:04 AM   #6
yycwrangler

Thanks guys..This is very helpful..Have you seen a JK with proximity sensors for back up and forward..If so do you happen to remember where they were placed

Cheers
Al
yycwrangler is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.