front LED marker/turn signal lights for JKs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > front LED marker/turn signal lights for JKs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
redjeepguy1

front LED marker/turn signal lights for JKs

While parousing a site I saw referenced in another thread I happened across some JK marker lights that are LED style, I searched all over here and couldn't seem to find them but wondered if anyone has bought them?

I'm guessing they are fairly new to the market because even googling them didn't turn up much, looks like they come in clear or smoke lens.

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/cm/jk.htm

Unread 09-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
Hotprowl

I like the smoked look. Too bad they're $90 a pair each.
Unread 09-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
jeepgreenjeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

i just saw these on ebay you can get the side markers and front turn signals for $239.00...little bit too expensive for me...you can get smoked or clear lenses
jeepgreenjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

yeah for 10 bucks I can get a can of nyte shade for looks =)

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Hotprowl

That guy on Ebay is crazy. The store is selling them for $89ea set. Thats only $180
Unread 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
deltabravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotprowl View Post
.... The store is selling them for $89ea set. Thats only $180
:-)

They are posted in the vendor section
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
elfamiglia
2012 JK Wrangler 

Have anyone actually use them here? IMO, my experience with these aftermarket LEDs is that they are not bright enough in daylight. They do great at night.
elfamiglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
redjeepguy1

A friend of mine is using them and they seem decent as far as brightness is concerned
Unread 02-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

They're definitely bright enough during the day. Unfortunately the pics on Recon's sight are deceptive and the smoked signals are nowhere near as dark as pictured. They are smoked, they are not blacked out as the pictures make them look, which is unfortunate, because aside from that fact they're a nice product. Here's a pic of their jeep on the left with the smoked LEDs and my Jeep with the stock housing painted with VHT Night Shades.

They both look about equally black right?

Here's the Smoked LED light right next to my VHT version in person and not in an ad.

Now, my camera washed out the Recon LED light a bit (and mine as well), but you can clearly see they're nowhere near as dark as mine. Also, they are not the clear turns, a sponsor on the other forum has them on their green JK and it's obvious they aren't as dark. On anything but a black JK I think they'd look good though. I ended up not using them, because they just weren't dark enough to go with everything else.

Edit: Sponsor with them is MBRP. Looks very good on the white JK, but they're clearly not as dark as the pictures on the Recon website show.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

x2 on what Sahara said. They are more than bright enough. I have them as well. Install was three-wire splice simple. Plus an inline resistor if you don't want the fast blink.
Unread 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
DevilDog93
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just put the clear ones on and couldn't be any happier. They definetely are brighter on the side markers as the road glows brighter at night when driving along. They are a clean mod that makes my Jeep stand out just a little more than the others. Enjoy 'em!
DevilDog93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #12
2007UnlimitedNJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Huh?

I don't see the appeal. What makes it better than stock? I guess I am not an LED guy.
2007UnlimitedNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007UnlimitedNJ View Post
I don't see the appeal. What makes it better than stock? I guess I am not an LED guy.
I have to agree, I would use that 200.00 for a 2.5 inch lift, or off road lights on the windshield. But that's me and to each their own . . . . .No matter how wrong it may be

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

They're under $100 shipped. My problem with them wasn't the lights themselves, as they're a fairly high quality, but the fact that the smoked ones are not anywhere near as dark as they appear in the pics, it borders on false advertising.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #15
tavoo
2009 JK Wrangler 

Guys, i have non LED ones that I want to install, but I can't figure out how to take off the pins holding the underplastic to the fender where the side markers are. Wanted to post this first before breaking anything. LOL Have even tried the turn signal lens yet until I figure this out. lol Thanks in advance!!
tavoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.