Front end sag - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Front end sag

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 06-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Front end sag

So I just called northridge and ordered a new brawler lite with bullbar. And I'm getting a ridiculous good deal on a warn zeon 10-s. now my question is not whether it will sag or not but exactly how much it will sag. I'm picking it up from northridge and would like to get all the parts I will need in one trip.

I was thinking just a simple front coil spacer. I'm planning on putting a 2.5 lift on it eventually ( either rock krawler or metalcloak) but money is tight ATM so it will have to wait a year, or give up my cigarettes and beer

I'm still relatively new to jeeps so don't worry about stating the obvious.
Thx

Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

I've got 1/2" Teraflex spacers on the front to compensate for front-end sag with a brawler lite, bullbar and Warn 9.5 CTI-S (synthetic winch is about 19-20lbs lighter than steel winch line).

Also got my stuff off of Northridge4x4, excellent deal on the winch, over $500 off list price!!!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Cool. I'm actually getting it from my fathers work up here in Canada. 735.00 for a zeon 10-s or 964.00 for a 9.5 cti-s so damn good deals. Another 60 for shipping.
Glad I asked. Cause we were thinking 3/4 maybe a full inch, and I would of hated to have a nose up wrangler haha
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Great deals, cheaper even yet!
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sadly they were out of stock so I'm waiting for them to get in from poison spyder. But I only live 45 min from northridge so it's not to bad!!
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Sigh, I live across the country from Northridge Canada. Thankful for the free shipping, though - even if it takes a couple weeks.
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think it would be wise to measure before install and then after. That way you’ll know without a doubt what size spacer you’ll need.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I knew that would be the obvious answer but I was hoping to grab everything I need in one trip. I may only live 45 min away but I instal 4 hours away at my uncles high school so it's a bit of a pain to instal something then need another part shortly after to compensate. Guess that's just jeep problems though haha
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35 View Post
Yeah I knew that would be the obvious answer but I was hoping to grab everything I need in one trip. I may only live 45 min away but I instal 4 hours away at my uncles high school so it's a bit of a pain to instal something then need another part shortly after to compensate. Guess that's just jeep problems though haha
I remember when I bought my ’08 JKUR new and installed a front bumper and warn PowerPlant the front end sagged miserably before the lift was installed. I hadn’t measured before the install so could only guess to the size of front spacers needed to correct things. Well I guessed wrong (not tall enough) and lived with a bad front sag (too lazy to re-do it) until I finally put in the lift.

Jeep spring weights vary and of course so does the extra weight you add with bumpers and winches, so what may work with one person’s Jeep might not work with yours. Measure first and install once.

Another option for you would be to buy a couple of different sizes of spacers and take them with you to your uncle’s school. That way if need be you’ll have the right spacer on hand if the first one you put in doesn’t do the trick. Afterwards just return the other spacers and get your money back.
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I like the idea of buying a couple sizes. The springs though should be the stiffest, due to having a rubi with tow package? So I don't anticipate a crazy amount of sag. I think total bumper and winch was an extra 125 lbs over stock.
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35
I like the idea of buying a couple sizes. The springs though should be the stiffest, due to having a rubi with tow package? So I don't anticipate a crazy amount of sag. I think total bumper and winch was an extra 125 lbs over stock.
The Teraflex front spacers are made to stack. I would purchase four of the one inch spacers since one inch spacers on a stock JK will level it. Then you have the option to gain back the sag or also level it out if you wish.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35 View Post
My '08 was a rubi also w/tow package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.