Front D44 w/Factory Locker Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Front D44 w/Factory Locker Removal

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
robsbluerub
2007 JK Wrangler 

Front D44 w/Factory Locker Removal

I've read a bunch of good threads on regearing. I also have step by step instructions from Synergy, but they have me scratching my head. The Synergy instructions say to remove the carrier and THEN remove the locker indicator sensor. The install sequence warns about getting the coil ailigned so you don't bend the locker indicator sensor. It is not entirely clear to me how the sensor fits through the coil but allows the carrier to come out. Are the Synergy instructions wrong? Should the indicator sensor be removed before the carrier? Is there a slot in the coil or is it a hole?

Can someone who has done this clarify for me before I break something?

2007 JK 2dr Rubicon, 3" Black Diamond Lift, 35" KM2s, M/T Classic IIs, Rancho shocks, Mopar bumpers, 8000 lb winch, Ace rock sliders, Skid Row engine/oil pan skid, evap skid, Tom Woods driveshafts, Riddler diff covers, rear adjustable upper control arms, chromoly rear shafts, Reid knuckles, Synergy chromoly tie rod, track bar, and flipped drag link.
robsbluerub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The locker position sensor must be removed/installed with the locker removed.
Here is a picture showing the position sensor plunger.
You can see why the sensor cannot be removed to the left while it is hooked over the locker plate.
A common mistake is ignoring this point, and the plunger ends up on the wrong side of the plate. It usually results in the locker not unlocking.

ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
robsbluerub
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice CAD rendering. Thanks that is very helpful.
2007 JK 2dr Rubicon, 3" Black Diamond Lift, 35" KM2s, M/T Classic IIs, Rancho shocks, Mopar bumpers, 8000 lb winch, Ace rock sliders, Skid Row engine/oil pan skid, evap skid, Tom Woods driveshafts, Riddler diff covers, rear adjustable upper control arms, chromoly rear shafts, Reid knuckles, Synergy chromoly tie rod, track bar, and flipped drag link.
robsbluerub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.