Freedom Top Panel Pin is Loose. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Freedom Top Panel Pin is Loose.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Freedom Top Panel Pin is Loose.

So after this weekend I'm taking a long roadtrip and decided to put the hardtop back on. When putting the Passenger side on I noticed the 'alignment' pin that sits in the sportbar above the door is now loose out of the panel. Looks to me there is no way to really tighten it back in.

Anyone else run into this issue? I'm gonna take it into the dealership and hopefully they will fix/replace the issue.... I swear I didn't drop the panels or anything, unless my dog started to chew on it or something, but I didn't see any bite marks, she usually saves the chewing for house door trim

09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
NYCJohn
2009 JK Wrangler 

Have you tried to turn it as if it is a screw? Maybe it came loose that way? Not sure if it is welded in tho..

Good luck.
NYCJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCJohn View Post
Have you tried to turn it as if it is a screw? Maybe it came loose that way? Not sure if it is welded in tho..

Good luck.
Yah, I tried screwing it back in like it was a screw which seemed to have fixed the problem once, but it doesn't seem to hold... I think there might be something inside the panel that isn't right. I'm pretty sure the dealership will probably have to order me a new panel because it doesn't look like it comes apart
09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
omnicitadel
Where Did The Weasle Go?

2008 JK Wrangler 

warranty time... try and see if you can keep the old pannels just in case once the bumper to bumper runs out

Mods: Performance Accessoires 1" Body lift, 2.5" Teraflex Lift, 35x12.5x17 Dunlop Radial Mud Roaver, Alpine iDA-X100 Head Unit, Infinity REF6022I 6.5" Front and Rear Speakers.
Docket: Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 Skid's (all of them), Front and Rear Bumpers (undecided), Winch (undecided)
omnicitadel is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.