Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
mvanneman

Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer

Does anyone know the estimated installation time for a wiring kit and a Mopar Freedom top? This is for a 2008 4dr. Wrangler and we are having a top installed at a dealer....I just want to make sure they are quoting me a reasonable and accurate time estimate.

Thanks.

mvanneman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
doliss
2009 JK Wrangler 

If the wiring isn't in place already...I would think that part would take more time than putting the top on and bolting it down. Not 100% sure but just saying from experience how long it takes to take the whole thing off a jeep on a 2 door which is maybe 10 mins at most. It isn't heavy, just a bit bulky so it can take 2 people to move it around once the removable parts are off.

What did they quote ya?
doliss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I'll bet the dealer is charging a pretty penny for it.

However since the dealer has to flash it, they would have got some money out of you anyway.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Also consider that they have to replace the stalk at the steering wheel in order to put one on that has a rear wiper control. And also need to add some plumbing to get wiper fluid back there. All things considered, they are probably going to tear you a new one with labor/time.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
owtdorz
2009 JK Wrangler 

To instal hard top, wiring and programing runs about 2hrs.
Unread 07-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
997s4ken

I got one ordered through my stealer, but it was part of the deal when I traded in my 07 JK. Yeah hopefully a couple hours and no more than $150.00 bucks to put it on.
997s4ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

All dealers and shops have a book that tells them the estimated time to install every part on the Jeep along with a host of other info. Without it, it would be nearly impossible for them to give you an estimate on most auto work performed. I had one years ago. Itís an amazing book to have.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dealer install , freedom top , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.