Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
mvanneman

Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer

Does anyone know the estimated installation time for a wiring kit and a Mopar Freedom top? This is for a 2008 4dr. Wrangler and we are having a top installed at a dealer....I just want to make sure they are quoting me a reasonable and accurate time estimate.

Thanks.

mvanneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
doliss
2009 JK Wrangler 

If the wiring isn't in place already...I would think that part would take more time than putting the top on and bolting it down. Not 100% sure but just saying from experience how long it takes to take the whole thing off a jeep on a 2 door which is maybe 10 mins at most. It isn't heavy, just a bit bulky so it can take 2 people to move it around once the removable parts are off.

What did they quote ya?
doliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I'll bet the dealer is charging a pretty penny for it.

However since the dealer has to flash it, they would have got some money out of you anyway.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Also consider that they have to replace the stalk at the steering wheel in order to put one on that has a rear wiper control. And also need to add some plumbing to get wiper fluid back there. All things considered, they are probably going to tear you a new one with labor/time.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
owtdorz
2009 JK Wrangler 

To instal hard top, wiring and programing runs about 2hrs.
Unread 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
997s4ken

I got one ordered through my stealer, but it was part of the deal when I traded in my 07 JK. Yeah hopefully a couple hours and no more than $150.00 bucks to put it on.
997s4ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

All dealers and shops have a book that tells them the estimated time to install every part on the Jeep along with a host of other info. Without it, it would be nearly impossible for them to give you an estimate on most auto work performed. I had one years ago. Itís an amazing book to have.

Tags
dealer install , freedom top , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.