Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Freedom Top Installation Time-By Dealer

Does anyone know the estimated installation time for a wiring kit and a Mopar Freedom top? This is for a 2008 4dr. Wrangler and we are having a top installed at a dealer....I just want to make sure they are quoting me a reasonable and accurate time estimate.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
2009 JK Wrangler 
If the wiring isn't in place already...I would think that part would take more time than putting the top on and bolting it down. Not 100% sure but just saying from experience how long it takes to take the whole thing off a jeep on a 2 door which is maybe 10 mins at most. It isn't heavy, just a bit bulky so it can take 2 people to move it around once the removable parts are off.

What did they quote ya?
post #3 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
JK Wrangler 
I'll bet the dealer is charging a pretty penny for it.

However since the dealer has to flash it, they would have got some money out of you anyway.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
2007 JK Wrangler 
Also consider that they have to replace the stalk at the steering wheel in order to put one on that has a rear wiper control. And also need to add some plumbing to get wiper fluid back there. All things considered, they are probably going to tear you a new one with labor/time.

for details and info on our JK's, check out

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM
2009 JK Wrangler 
To instal hard top, wiring and programing runs about 2hrs.

'09 Detonator Yellow 4dr Rubi, Bestop Element doors, Rugged Ridge XHD w/stinger, Warn 9.5ti, 3.5 Rock Krawler, Woods driveshafts, Hella 500 aux lights, 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2<< THEY SUCK
post #6 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
I got one ordered through my stealer, but it was part of the deal when I traded in my 07 JK. Yeah hopefully a couple hours and no more than $150.00 bucks to put it on.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 12:42 PM
RIP John
2012 JK Wrangler 
All dealers and shops have a book that tells them the estimated time to install every part on the Jeep along with a host of other info. Without it, it would be nearly impossible for them to give you an estimate on most auto work performed. I had one years ago. Itís an amazing book to have.

dealer install , freedom top , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.