Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Freedom hardtop protectant

14K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  fliflicker 
#1 ·
Greetings: :tea:

Just wanted to know what product you are using on the Hardtop to keep clean, and from fading out from the sun. Armoral is good, but after it rains the tops looks ****@d up.

Thanks,
:hahaha: SLIM_SNOOPY :hahaha:

#4 ·
Wouldnt wax make the top have a white film over it? As in the wax is super hard to get off the top?

I waxed my Jeep and where I accidentally touched the top with wax I couldn't get the wax off.

#5 ·
Use turtle wax ice in a spray bottle. No white residue. I also use it after regular waxing to get white residue off.... Mostly on my Harley though. It is always clean....and WAY cleaner than the Jeep. But thats the way its supposed to be right???

I have OCD when it comes to cleaning my Harley, and try to refrain from over washing theJeep...but those damm fenders kill me.... I have to get them clean as the Jeep and the Harley are going in storage for a year while I deploy.....and of course my two "toys" have enclosed climate controled storage units.

The wifes hummer caught some over spray while washing the Jeep/Harley, so I guess I "washed" it as well. For some reason her H3 being dirty really never bothers me...????

#10 ·
I have to get them clean as the Jeep and the Harley are going in storage for a year while I deploy.....and of course my two "toys" have enclosed climate controled storage units.
All the best on your deployment. Come back safe. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I wouldn't put Armorall on anything, full stop.

#12 ·
Why not. I have always used in on the interior of my trucks and never had an issue. rubber / plastic trim as well. Never had an issue but it never seems to last. Just bought a 2010 Rubicon this week and want to make sure I don't start the relationship off on the wrong foot.

#13 ·
Armorall is pretty much junk, it used to be the stuff to use back n the day but there are much better products out now that dont dry up the plastic like armoral.

I use 303 Aerospace protectant on just about everything, will shine like armoral but wont dry the plastics out...
can be used on; rubber, vinyl, fiberglass, tires, plastics, leather, and tonneau covers with SPF of 40 it will protect well in the sun.
It can be found at most auto parts stores and boat supply shops.
I would have to say if its paint then use a spray on wax, if its black there are spray on waxes that make it a black/wet look. Used to love that stuff back when I had my black WRX.

Mothers, is a awesome wax that comes in just about any form....would highly recommend it.

#14 ·
Nainduck, Warlord2 has answered the question for me. It used to be that if you sprayed Armorall on your dashboard, in a couple of months in the sun you'd have cracks. It aged tyres faster, too. This is from firsthand experience as well as anecdotal commentary from friends with the same issues.

Now, given all that, maybe modern dashboard material will stand up to the heat and Armorall combination better. I'm not willing to take that risk on my vehicles. Have you any idea what the cost of replacing the dashboard of a BMW 335i would be and the labour costs involved?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.