Found out my local dealer's stance on lift kits - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Found out my local dealer's stance on lift kits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara_tj View Post
I got a pinion seal replaced a couple years ago on my '03 under warranty, and they didn't even mention the budget boost and 32's i had on there at the time. it's a Jeep, they should expect that (within reason, of course). I paid my warranty deductible, and i was on my way.
thats beacaue a BB is not really a lift. its a couple of spacers that can be removed in a matter of an hour. earlier this year i dropped my jeep off for a transmission module control that was keeping my in 1 gear all the time. here i am with different gears, axles, driveshaft, lift, tires and they covered it under the 7/100K. i find the key is not to go into the dealer screaming i have a lift.

Unread 07-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
cadeddie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
thats beacaue a BB is not really a lift. its a couple of spacers that can be removed in a matter of an hour. earlier this year i dropped my jeep off for a transmission module control that was keeping my in 1 gear all the time. here i am with different gears, axles, driveshaft, lift, tires and they covered it under the 7/100K. i find the key is not to go into the dealer screaming i have a lift.
lol @ screaming I have a lift...
cadeddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
cadeddie
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought an extended 3 year warranty when I bought my 2008 JKU with 67,000 (2 months ago)....and they said I could do what ever the heck I wanted with the jeep...

just sayin....
cadeddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

It's not the lift per-say that get's the powertrain warranty denied,it's the larger then stock tire you put on that kills the warranty,and larger then stock tires has been linked already to any powertrain issue in one way or another over the last 30 years.That includes tranny's and engines.

If you go out and play offroad and blow a trans with your 3" lifted Jeep with 35" tires,then put the stock stuff back on to get it replaced under warranty is called fraud,and is morally wrong.And you all complain about vehicle prices,part prices,and service cost,well your acts of fraud are the reason for those higher prices and abuse.
Unread 07-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #20
beefisbliss
2010 JK Wrangler 

has anyone read the article on jk-forum?

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

the article detail how chryslers policy is to have dealerships "restrict" or flag modified jeeps to void warranty work.
beefisbliss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #21
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
It's not the lift per-say that get's the powertrain warranty denied,it's the larger then stock tire you put on that kills the warranty,and larger then stock tires has been linked already to any powertrain issue in one way or another over the last 30 years.That includes tranny's and engines.

If you go out and play offroad and blow a trans with your 3" lifted Jeep with 35" tires,then put the stock stuff back on to get it replaced under warranty is called fraud,and is morally wrong.And you all complain about vehicle prices,part prices,and service cost,well your acts of fraud are the reason for those higher prices and abuse.
maybe i got lucky then, this is how my jeep sits all covered under warranty
cid__1023091046.jpg  
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #22
hifiguy7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You definitely need to move to a more friendly area of the country. I have a lifted 4-inch Jeep, 35-inch tires, snorkle and on and on. The dealer in my home town has been great. Rear main seal, new ball joints.. little things here and there and never once have I been asked to pay a nickel.
hifiguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #23
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

You need to take that article with a grain of salt. There are quite a few JK-forum members over here and they said you can take what Eddie (aka wayoflife) from JKO says with a grain of salt. He tends to have a holier than thou attitude and expects everything to be his way. I posted a thread about the same thing a while back and was set straight.

Edit: He ended up complaining enough that the flag was removed. Just found this.

http://project-jk.com/chrysler-warra...#comment-26689

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefisbliss View Post
has anyone read the article on jk-forum?

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

the article detail how chryslers policy is to have dealerships "restrict" or flag modified jeeps to void warranty work.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #24
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
find another dealer. They are dead wrong.
Yep. There are lots of dealers out there.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dealership , JK Wrangler , lift , warranty , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.