LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Food Chain

Well meant parts supply line.

We always hear the negative sometimes too loudly, and rarely hear the positives.
Summary of Positives so far is:

a great experience with Great Outdoors Distributing Rotopax.
First order (last winter) with them went problem free, second hit a bump. Mis packaged parts arrived with my (and their) busy schedules/day - it took a day to get into contact. All fixed and they even ponied up the fix to get it into my hands in time to meet my needs!
Metal Cloak stuff came followed by an email warning me of certain details (specifically bump stop requirements) I may have missed. I hadn't missed em but thought that was a nice touch.
KargoMaster stuff came with battle scar and very poor packaging and missing hardware - (not their problem - amazon and 100 bucks below ANY other vendor on $500 retail parts). But their tech dept was great in helping me get the right dimensions on small parts to pull from my inventory. And plan was sand and paint (and a little welding) anyway...

haven't had any major problems yet this year - 5 year refresh budget of JK - but theres still a stack of parts to go on mine and the side jobs (mostly hot rod work) have taken off well!

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 02:34 PM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
back in 2013 i ordered Caribou seats from a Online vendor, forget the one. Anyway found what i wanted and when checking the boxes. it only went to 2011 as year type, for my 2012. Went ahead and ordered anyway. Few days later i call from Caribou. They said that they show i ordered the wrong part #. The 2012+ were not the same as the 2011 down mounts on a 2 door. That they would like to change the order so that i would not have any issue installing the seats. I told them that the online vendor did not show any choice for the 2012 models. They said they would call them to have the web page updated.

Nice to see a Company be proactive in ensuring the costumer gets the correct parts the first time.
wrbrd likes this.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Yes - and a perfect example of growing pains - in this case model years vs website updates, but the source of pain can be from supply and demand trends, expansions in progress (really disrupting), marketing needs (vendor shows take brick and mortar employees out until the shows make enough to cover their own payroll expense line) etc.
When I online my shop (Fall 2018!) - I certainly hope A) I get MY share of growing pains and B) that my people and I can stay ahead of the instant gratification of net orders and instant reactive (rather than responsive) tweets! that call came to you most likely because someone before you threw a wild eyed hissy fit and the vendor learned (and cared enough) to stay ahead of the known issues...

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a

post #4 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 03:07 PM
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I was one of the first orders for the tailgate tire carrier from EVO. Came without the hinge bushings - kinda important. I also found out that the EVO plate relo I had was not going to work with the new carrier. Wasnt mentioned on the site... they changed it, and it only works one way with the studs, so my plate would have been sideways in the spare.

Called and talked about both of these issues. Sent me out the bushings and a powder coated license plate bracket for nothing. Its not the problems... its how they are fixed.

._______
/_l__[___],
l--|--|--L
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
post #5 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 04:25 PM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I have had to wait long times for parts. I tend to order them very early. Pre ordered the PSC HD box. knowing it would be 3 months out, great news it was took only 2 months.

JRC at least back when i need those type parts was 18 days to build. No troubles.

When i ordered my PSC S cage. that ended up being kind of a mess. PSC was at the time in the"change" being bought out. waited for a month figure i better call. They were very helpful. But they were so far behind and issues that i was told will be at least 30 more days and they gave be 20% off. but since it was ordered 6 months before one of our trips no big deal. was happy with it.

Heck GY tires in the MTRks you are lucky half the time if they are even in stock. Sh happens, no use getting worked up. dont mean a thing.

Its when they give the middle finger and tell you to pound sand that can make me never forget.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

post #6 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 11:32 PM
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the direction this thread is going! Giving positive feedback to suppliers that mean well and do their best to solve issues that are many times beyond their control. Other times they control issues before they become problems. Both are attributes of the vendors that I would like to do business with.

If we can come up with a better more descriptive title for this thread I would be happy to change it.

Jim

post #7 of 7 Old 05-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Psycho-X-Jeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

I purchased a suspension lift from Quadratec back in 2013 which included Bilstein 5100 shocks. Fast forward to last month... I replaced the shocks and springs with another brand (MetalCloak). I noticed that two of the Bilstein shocks I pulled were pretty much shot (leaking fluid). I contacted both Bilstein and Quadratec to see if I could get them rebuilt under the limited lifetime warranty. Quadratec went ahead and replaced ALL FOUR shocks free of charge. If that isn't great customer service, I don't know what is!

Now I have 4 brand new shocks that I don't need (I have them up for sale on my local facebook page, so this is not a solicitation).

Call me Eddo
09 JKUR
13 WK2 Trailhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.