fold/tumble seats? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > fold/tumble seats?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
ChuckDee
2001 TJ Wrangler 

fold/tumble seats?

Traded my TJ for an FJ Cruiser a few months back. Just hit me that I can't live without a Jeep, so I test drove a Rubi tonight. Just curious though, have they done away with the fold/tumble seats? How does one access the rear seats to let an adult (or child) passenger in then?

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
chico166
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yes they did and I have no idea, thats why I traded my 2-door JK for a 4-door after only 4 months.
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
bartruff1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Really ??

My 2007 folds and tumbles or detaches and come's out real easy
bartruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
spiirriit

Not your front seats...unless modified?
spiirriit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Not his front seat. Larry is cornfoosed.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
tcpatter

Well technically, I believe the rear seats are the fold and tumble (and they still do) while the front seats used to be tilt and slide which they no longer do. Then again, I had heard rumors that the 2009s would have it back.
tcpatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
Stix Fx
2008 JK Wrangler 

That is one of the few faults with the '08 Wrangler Sahara 2DR I have ... it is difficult for anyone to get into the back seat... although I usually ride solo or just with one other person, so it isn't that bad for me.
Stix Fx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
bartruff1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You got that right !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc View Post
Not his front seat. Larry is cornfoosed.
Unfortunately that is often the case...My front seat folds and slides a little, doesn't it ??
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Unfortunately that is often the case...My front seat folds and slides a little, doesn't it ??
Yes it does, but the TJ seats tumbled forward giving more room to enter and exit the rear seat. The JK's only lean forward and slide. It is much harder to get in and out of the rear on the JK (unless you have a 4door).
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
bartruff1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well...gee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrnglrguy View Post
Yes it does, but the TJ seats tumbled forward giving more room to enter and exit the rear seat. The JK's only lean forward and slide. It is much harder to get in and out of the rear on the JK (unless you have a 4door).
The only "things" that get in my back seat are wet and dirty Labs or boys and they can get into anything. Keeping them in the seat is a bigger problem.
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #11
Da Hui

Toyota is retarded for not offering more configurations on the FJ. With the new JK you get options for both two or four door models and a convertible. The JK has such high sales because of this. I would choose a four door Wrangler over a brand new TT Edition FJ just because of the four doors and convertible option. Cause honestly, who doesn't want to wheel or cruise the beach with the top down.

Sorry for the rant.

I don't own a Jeep.
Da Hui is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Toyota is retarded for not offering more configurations on the FJ. With the new JK you get options for both two or four door models and a convertible. The JK has such high sales because of this. I would choose a four door Wrangler over a brand new TT Edition FJ just because of the four doors and convertible option. Cause honestly, who doesn't want to wheel or cruise the beach with the top down.

Sorry for the rant.
You're exactly right. I wanted an FJ in the worst way when they came out. Had they not been marked up $3k over sticker, I would have one. Toyota has always been bad about limiting packages and I was not a big fan of the white top (the all black version is SICK though). At the time, ordering an FJ was not even a possibility. Rumors flew around of a convertible FJ, so I held off. ....And then the JK came out.

The 4 door sold me, the difference is that I drove one and hated it. It was just my preference - I can see how people like them, but for me it drove like a regular SUV. I owned a TJ back in 2000 and I loved the SWB Jeep feel. It just wasn't the same... so after all that waiting and shopping I ended up getting a 2dr Sahara JK with all the options I wanted. Very happy. The roof rack hold what I can't get in the back.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I heard they did away with the 2 door fold and tumble front seats when the 4 door came out to help push people toward the 4 door. Now that plenty of people are buying the 4 door I wish they would give us the old style seats back. I have a 2 and 5 year old and they barely fit in to the opening to the back seat. Especially if parked on a slight up hill b/c the seat will not lock forward. SO...... while I am lifting them up into the Jeep I have to use my elbow to hold the seat forward
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #14
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent_f70 View Post
I heard they did away with the 2 door fold and tumble front seats when the 4 door came out to help push people toward the 4 door. Now that plenty of people are buying the 4 door I wish they would give us the old style seats back. I have a 2 and 5 year old and they barely fit in to the opening to the back seat. Especially if parked on a slight up hill b/c the seat will not lock forward. SO...... while I am lifting them up into the Jeep I have to use my elbow to hold the seat forward
Heard the same thing, and I feel your pain - have a 4 and a 1 year old, and bought the 4-dr specifically because I couldn't make the 2 dr really work, especially after I lifted it.

And nothing says tough guy like an all black lifted Jeep, top down, mud on the side...and a rear seat full of kid's car seats, oyster cracker and cheerio mush, and my daughter's Hello Kitty umbrella.

Hey, at least she frequently asks to go out and "Drive on all the bumpy roads" with Dad. Gotta hook em young, make it stick later in life.
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #15
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteDriver View Post
And nothing says tough guy like an all black lifted Jeep, top down, mud on the side...and a rear seat full of kid's car seats, oyster cracker and cheerio mush, and my daughter's Hello Kitty umbrella.
I was thinking the same thing with 2 car seats and Elmo along for the ride a few weeks back!! Don't forget the diaper bag on the rear floorboard and the sippy cups!!
But the kids love "Daddy's Jeep" Mom's lifted Grand Cherokee just "isn't as Cool"
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.