Fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Fog lights

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
poolboy93
2012 JK Wrangler 

Fog lights

I am wondering what you guys have done to upgrade your fog lights. I want to keep my bumper and light locations just wondering what people have put in that will be brighter?

poolboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

You can change the bulb to a higher output bulb. 07-10 take an H10 bulb.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
hockeydad77
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy93
I am wondering what you guys have done to upgrade your fog lights. I want to keep my bumper and light locations just wondering what people have put in that will be brighter?
Warn SDB-210. $$$$$$ but nice & bright, 200K candlepower. $523 at Quadratec, haven't shopped since on my Jeep when I bought used.

Pros- can use low setting in traffic, very bright for open country hi way driving, nice exterior finish has held up perfectly for about 5 years of all season driving in Idaho & Canada.

Cons- price, and uses separate Hi/Lo switch, so have accessible to dim for oncoming traffic (I never use stock high beams anymore)

Also, if you spend that kind of dough on lights, I would ( and did ) add clear 3M rock chip guard to lenses ( learned the hard way, even with plastic louvre guards ). The louvre guards can still be used with clear guard.
hockeydad77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

When my factory ones take a dump I'll look at Ridged Dually LEDs or one of the copies.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

J.W Speaker make factory fitting replacement L.E.D's. I'm sure they are nice at $300. a pair.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #6
DaK09

Went the Vision X route. At the time they were the only ones available. First time I used them with the jaundice headlights it caused me to buy an upgrade to those as well.

Due to the necessity of having to cut the aftermarket bumper the vision X were sold off and am now running Rigid D2's. Better light projection with these units.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

went the Vision-X route as well. love 'em. they're a nice matchup with the truck-lites.
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Is there a H10-H16 adapter? Or an H16 female connector?
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
GreenRenegade
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you use your fogs with the headlights all the time like everyone else around here, I would leave them stock. All they do is splash some light around the front of your Jeep. A bulb upgrade will essentially just make a brighter splash around your Jeep, as that is the way the light housing and reflector inside works. They are not made for distance or height. If you want to upgrade for occasional use, such as with no on-coming traffic, for lighting up the trails, Poison Spyder has a kit to mount D2 Duallys in your factory fog location. Other companies may have that as well, I just happened to be on their website yesterday. Just remember, if you upgrade to bright lights, you shouldn't use them in traffic.

Dan
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
rayder1

Living in fog country where we may get 2-3 months of fog....one learns the ins and outs of fog lights. In the fog at night, headlights cause, what is called, "back dazzle". This is the blast of reflected light you see when you hit your high beams in the fog, making 100 ft visibility into 30 feet.

Fog lights reflect the road only and these stock fog lights do just that....pretty well. It's how they're aimed. These give you a better shot at seeing the road when visibility drops to worse than 100 ft. You're not going to make off-road lights out of these unless you swap out the whole unit and redirect the beam. But giving these a bit of a wattage boost will help a little.

If you want off road lights....buy some windshield mounts or roof rack ones. You want those lights to be high enough to shoot down the road over obstacles and contour variations.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.