fog light wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > fog light wiring

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAwesome Open box items at OPENBOXOFFROAD.COMJeep parts, deals and more at JeepHut.com

Unread 02-25-2015, 02:47 AM   #1
Howe13f
2008 JK Wrangler 

fog light wiring

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I got a question I'm hoping one of you can help me with. I have a 2008 JK that has a plain bumper on it. No fog lights or hooks or anything. I bought a new stock bumper off eBay that has the tow hooks and fog lights. But upon inspection of the bumper I realize I need a wiring harness/plugs for the lights. Any idea where I could pick something like that up for fairly cheap? My plan is, since my light switch doesn't have the fog light selection, I thought I'd wire them to a dash mounted toggle. This is my first "upgrade" on my JK since I've had it, so I figured I'd come to you guys for advice. Thanks for the help.

20141208_152108.jpg  
Howe13f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2015, 04:59 AM   #2
14Sport
2014 JK Wrangler 

Welcome, Howe. Good for you for wanting to do this. All you really need is a couple of fuses with holders, switch, relay, and some wiring. You can switch either the positive or negative side of the control circuit (pins 85 and 86) of the relay. A 3 amp fuse should be sufficient for the control circuit. For the load circuit, the fuse should be rated a little higher than the amp draw of your fog lights. For what it's worth, I prefer the negative side in case the switch wire ever shorts at the firewall. I'll post a schematic of each. This is the way I have been doing it for over 40 years and have never had a problem. However, I'm not an electrician. Let me know if you need any more help.
spst-relay-switched-.jpg   spst-relay-switched-.jpg  

I jeep therefore I am.
14Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
Howe13f
2008 JK Wrangler 

Those schematics will definitely help, but what I'm looking for are the plugs that go into the fog lights themselves. My JK was never equipped with stock fog lights, so I gotta find these plugs.
1424885929248-223665416.jpg  
Howe13f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
14Sport
2014 JK Wrangler 

These might be what you're looking for but I'm not sure.

http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=151777

http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=151778

I jeep therefore I am.
14Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Maybe these will get you started?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97006_150.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12118_11.htm

Honestly, I'd just rig up my own harness or get an aftermarket one already set up with relay/switch/wiring. Trying to stay "stock" can get expensive.
Unread 03-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
kg6bws
2011 JK Wrangler 

I didnt look at the links that were posted but if you need just the plugs I can cut mine off and ship them to you. I switched mine out for PIAA fog lights tapped into the stock wiring circuit. The stock plugs are just hanging under there now.

PM me if youre interested.
Unread 03-02-2015, 04:27 AM   #7
Digger838
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The fog lights in the front bumper you have are H16 5202 connections which were used in the 2012+ wranglers

Here is the harness that will work for you http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Univer...+relay+harness Sent from a jeeper Here are the pig tales you need to add to the harness to plug into your fog lights http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-5202-H...fb04b4&vxp=mtr
Digger838 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fog , harness , jk , light , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.