Flowmasters - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Flowmasters

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
CooterBrown

1965 CJ5 

Flowmasters

Any body got em. How do they sound. I hate the sound of my Rubi. Any body got exhaust that rumbles a little

2010 rubicon JK
CooterBrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had mentioned a few weeks back i plan on this....

i will let ya know
TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
jdawg
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just had one installed and I think it sounds great. I decided to go with the flowmaster because I did not want the rice burner sound. I had recently changed the exhaust location and the muffler now sits under the drivers side door. To me my jeep actually sounds like it has some muscle and is not so loud that it disturbs others...
I say go for it!!!!!
jdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
CooterBrown

1965 CJ5 

Yur pipe comes out under the door? Post a pic of that what exactly did u get ? Cost if u don't mind? I'm looking around

2010 rubicon JK
CooterBrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I am not sure his pipe comes out of the door, I think he just moved the muffler up there...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:51 AM   #6
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

5773: Exhaust system kit for 2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler

That's what I got on my (wife's) JK. It sounds great. If you want it, keep an eye out for it to come back in stock at Edelbrock. Quadratec and others that sell it want $250 for it.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #7
IWantAGladiator
2008 JK Wrangler 

Been thinking of running twin cherry bombs on my 4door. Don't know why, just happen to have a couple laying around.
IWantAGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
jdawg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yoda13 is correct! Sorry about the confusion because the pipe still runs out the back just before the rear bumper. With my rock guards I was unable to run the pipe out the side. As for cost, I live in Denver and had it done at a place called BDM exhaust and it was $250.00 for the flowmaster, 2.5 inch pipe, and a complete installation with custom bending. I will try and post a pic later because I was very impressed with the bend. It will be very hard to hurt this thing now. I think the cost was reasonable but I also did not compare prices so I don't actually know the range. Maybe some others can give a better range that have researched them!
Unread 04-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
rentalguy1

First thing I did to the JK was a single in/out Flowmaster 40. Sounded great!

EDIT: $250 is a bunch of crap! The muffler is right there at the rear bumper. It shouldn't cost any more than about $125.
rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

I yanked the stock muffler and put a Super 44 in line under the drivers seat. Just ended it where the stock one hooked up over the rear axel. Like the sound of it, helps me shift better when I can hear it. Muffler, couple of clamps and heat sheild cost about 110 and was about a hour project. I'm sure it would take others less time but I'm good like that.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #11
Painbow6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Has anybody straight piped their JK? I just pulled off my exhaust after the cat and love it. I've always wondered what the 3.8 would sound like tho.

2004 LJ- 35's and stuff
1978 Land Rover Series III- Winston, you will be sorely missed.
Painbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
jdawg
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had mine straight piped but had to get an emission test done and they would not do it without the pipe. Thats why I had to extend the pipe out the back.

rentalguy1: 250 might sound like a lot but please note that my muffler is not under the bumper like yours. I am not arguing the cost just know that the pipe and the bend will cost more with my location. I don't bend pipe so no real option as far as cheap goes. Yes it should be cheaper if the muffler was in stock location
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
1fast400
2008 JK Wrangler 

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. I want a new muffler, simply because I don't like the looks of the huge stock one. However, the jeep is a jeep. It's not a performance car. I don't want to hear it. It wouldn't bother me if I never heard anything from it. I'll be looking to relocate it under mine, but will be going with a very quite muffler.
1fast400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.