Floor sub - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Floor sub

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORJKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 02-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
rzide

Floor sub

Does anyone know if the new 2015 jku's come with the cutout/space for the floor sub if they DO NOT have the alpine package and if so are they pre wired?

rzide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzide View Post
Does anyone know if the new 2015 jku's come with the cutout/space for the floor sub if they DO NOT have the alpine package and if so are they pre wired?
Its always empty unless u opt for the system and the sub it will not come wired
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
rzide

So by empty do you mean I could add the floor sub if I ran the wiring? I thought I read somewhere else there was a cover welded on top of where the sub should go.

The reason I ask is because I am looking at buying a jeep and one of the ones does not have the alpine system and I like the idea of the sub in the floor (for security)
Unread 02-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
So by empty do you mean I could add the floor sub if I ran the wiring? I thought I read somewhere else there was a cover welded on top of where the sub should go.

The reason I ask is because I am looking at buying a jeep and one of the ones does not have the alpine system and I like the idea of the sub in the floor (for security)
Oh I never heard of that before my 2015 has it in the floor I kinda don't like it, but I love the bass the system has its awesome

Reason I dislike it is I have a rotti that sits in the back and I have to put a rack over the sub from not having hair and stuff to fall in there

I would think it is open because the old jeeps under 2015 have the opening as Storage and the sub is on the side Jist go to a dealer and open the trunk and take a look

I would assume that it would be like the 2014 and such
Unread 03-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
1SIK930
2015 JK Wrangler 

I was kinda surprised when I picked up my 2015, because of the woofer in the floor. My dad's 2012 is in the side. I just assumed it would come the same. Not complaining, because it sounds awesome. Moezer is right though, I have a dog as well, and will have to figure out some kind of screen or something to keep the hair and dirt out of it. As far as it being pre-wired, I doubt it. Again, I'm just assuming, but Jeep probably has different wiring harnesses based on the options that a specific model was ordered with. Don't despair, Jeep Wranglers or one of the hottest selling vehicles, and I'm sure a lot of the speaker manufacturers are working on or already have an aftermarket floor sub
1SIK930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #6
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SIK930 View Post
I was kinda surprised when I picked up my 2015, because of the woofer in the floor. My dad's 2012 is in the side. I just assumed it would come the same. Not complaining, because it sounds awesome. Moezer is right though, I have a dog as well, and will have to figure out some kind of screen or something to keep the hair and dirt out of it. As far as it being pre-wired, I doubt it. Again, I'm just assuming, but Jeep probably has different wiring harnesses based on the options that a specific model was ordered with. Don't despair, Jeep Wranglers or one of the hottest selling vehicles, and I'm sure a lot of the speaker manufacturers are working on or already have an aftermarket floor sub
Yeah alpine hahahah
Unread 03-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
kevinsjeep2015
2015 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2015 without stereo and floor is NOT cut out for a sub and is NOT prewired.
kevinsjeep2015 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
rzide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsjeep2015 View Post
I have a 2015 without stereo and floor is NOT cut out for a sub and is NOT prewired.
You are the man!!! Thank you for the answer, that is exactly what I'm looking for. But it does throw a kink into my jeep buying dilemma lol.
Unread 03-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
kevinsjeep2015
2015 JK Wrangler 

Remove the stock trunk cover and build a shallow sub box with grill.
I did this is my 2010 JK and it worked fine.
Mounted my amp on rear seat with quick disconnects in case I ever wanted to remove the seat. I had a 12 inch Kicker in shallow box with a grill custom covered with black spandex to keep out dirt, doghair etc..
Of course, you loose the "trunk space" but you can pile groceries, the dog, or a flat of beer on top
Unread 03-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #10
kevinsjeep2015
2015 JK Wrangler 

Not mine but very similiar idea
sub.jpg  
Unread 03-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #11
rzide

I thought you said it was not cut out for the sub? I took that to mean the floor is flat without a recess to put any sub stock or aftermarket in there.

Can you take a pic of your jeep without being to much of an inconvenience?
Unread 03-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #12
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

It probably has the same little storage cubby that older JKs have. I can't imagine Jeep actually changed the tooling for a major body component based on a stereo option.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #13
rzide

Basically what I need to know is, if I buy a jeep without the alpine system and thus without the sub, can I add it at a later date? I like the concealment and security of the floor location.
Unread 03-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #14
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Basically what I need to know is, if I buy a jeep without the alpine system and thus without the sub, can I add it at a later date? I like the concealment and security of the floor location.
If u want to run it from the stock head unit then ull need to buy the harness
Unread 03-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
rzide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
If u want to run it from the stock head unit then ull need to buy the harness

I will most probably run an aftermarket head unit, but I want to make sure I can add a floor sub if I buy a jeep without it. Either oem or aftermarket. I am not worried about wiring, I have a great shop that can take care of all that, I am just worried about the space and it being compatible if I get a jeep without the alpine system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.