Floor setting for fan not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Floor setting for fan not working

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
bakes101
2013 JK Wrangler 

Floor setting for fan not working

Thought I saw a thread on this awhile back but cant locate now.

My 2012 & 2013 Sahara both have the same issue. The heater fan works fine in all positions except the floor. I can get no air to blow on the floor in either floor setting. I can feel a quick puff of air on the floor when i switch the setting but then nothing more.

Not a huge issue but seems kinda odd. Just thought I would do a check here before I run it into the dealer.

Thanks in advance

bakes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
JeepCares

That's interesting that they both have the same issue. Guessing mode door/actuator/calibration. Anybody with any knowledge out there?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Only time this happened to me was after getting my radio replaced at the dealer. They didn't put the dash back together properly. Actually had to pull the dash back off and fix it myself.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

vent door actuator. may just need to be fixed or replaced.
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
sportbikerr1
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 2013 JKU just went in for service with the floor setting not working (which sucks in this cold btw). Service claimed they had a bulletin that said to factory reset it. This is the second time we had it serviced for this reason. The first time they replaced the module and it worked good for awhile. Hopefully it doesn't come back.
sportbikerr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mine is doing this now too. At least it sounds like there is a TSB for it.
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I tried my floor setting a few weeks ago on my 2012 just to see if it worked as good as the forward vents and if it was working I sure couldn’t feel it. Probably have the same problem as you guys.
Unread 01-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
sportbikerr1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well ... update on the whole factor reset thing... It didn't work. I went to take it out from the dealer, shut off the key, put it to fan to full and on floor, turned on engine... and it just keeps coming out of the top vents. The service guy was like... HUH... HUH... So now it's going for more than a day they already replaced something in there when I first had the problem, maybe 3rd time will be the charm?
Unread 01-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #9
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I tried my floor setting a few weeks ago on my 2012 just to see if it worked as good as the forward vents and if it was working I sure couldn’t feel it. Probably have the same problem as you guys.
I can join the club mines doing the same, Thankfully it doesn't get to cold here that often.

Except this morning was 9 degrees.
Unread 01-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
JeepCares

The A/C-heater control must be recalibrated each time a blend/mode door actuator is replaced.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Went in for service yesterday. Left the jeep at the dealer all day, and they could not replicate the problem. They "recalibrated" something or other. Gotta love dealership service.
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #12
sportbikerr1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok after 3 days in for service they said Chrysler won't cover the problem because they believe the Rugged Ridge Snorkel we have is allowing moisture into the heater box and causing the problem. :|
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #13
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerr1
Ok after 3 days in for service they said Chrysler won't cover the problem because they believe the Rugged Ridge Snorkel we have is allowing moisture into the heater box and causing the problem. :|
Figures. "We can't fix it so we're voiding warranty due to your accessories."
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #14
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerr1 View Post
What? That doesn't sound logical or feasible to me.
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #15
sportbikerr1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok so apparently Chrysler said to check for moisture in the heater box. They pulled it off and a ton of water came out they said. They tracked it back to a hole that was drilled and not sealed off in the snorkel install. I'll get more details this afternoon but we did have a problem that was reported before the snorkel was installed. I'm not sure what hole was left unsealed but I don't remember making any hole that should impact water getting inside.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.