Floor jack / jack stand max. height and weight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Floor jack / jack stand max. height and weight

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
tuffluv

Floor jack / jack stand max. height and weight

Hi All,

I have a 2007 unlimited jk X with the 225/75/16 tire and rim combo. This weekend I am upgrading to the stock rubicon tires and rim combo (255/75/17) from a friends rubicon. Eventually I will upgrade to 37-inch tires. I would like to know what max height and weights i should look for in a floor jack and jackstands. I am looking at a combo set from a department store with the following specs:

Contains floor jack, 2 jack stands and a 36 in. creeper. Jack has a lift range of 5-1/2 to 19-3/4 in. and a 3 ton maximum load. Large front wheels measure 3-1/2 in. diameter by 1-1/4 in. wide. Meets ANSI/ASME PALD service pack standards.

Jack stands offer 10 height adjustments from 10-5/8 in. minimum to 16-1/2 in. maximum. 3 ton maximum load per pair. Meets ANSI/ASME PALD jack stand standards.

Will this work for me when I get the 37-inch tires?

thanks

tuffluv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

That should be fine for when you get the 37" tires. I have about the same. I am not sure exactly how tall my stands go but probably about the same as you mentioned and they are 3 tons as well. The floor jack I have is 3 tons and it goes to 21" tall or something like that.

Neither the stands or the jack will reach my frame with 37" tires. I have to set the jack under the axle and lift it just enough to get the tire off. I then place a jack stand under the frame and lower the jeep down to it.

The wieght rating of 3 tons is more than plenty. My JK weighs in at about 5200 lbs. total (just over 2.5 tons). And you figure the jack and/or the stands will more than likely never be in a situation where they would be holding up anymore than half of that.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.