First wheeling, first damage, Q about MC game changer vs Game changer light. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > First wheeling, first damage, Q about MC game changer vs Game changer light.

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

First wheeling, first damage, Q about MC game changer vs Game changer light.

I took my Jeep to light wheeling this weekend. Some light rock crawling and when one of the rocks slided below My stock bumper got hit and slightly damaged. I never liked that bumper and was planning to replace it anyways but now I think I need to hurry and finalize my searches and start building.

I've been reading about lift kits and everybody says depending on the quality they will either decrease or at best wont change the on road performance. This is my DD I drive around 50 miles per day and I plan to wheel couple of times per month so I want something that would improve both on and off road or at least my wont hurt current on road performance.

I have been reading about metal cloak game changer and game changer light, almost every review is good. More than that people claim this is the best kit money can buy . Do any of u use these kits? Can you give me some feedback

Is it possible for a kit to improve both on and off road performance ? If yes which one is better game changer with 6 pak or lite?
Or is there a better one?
I am not crazy for mpg but would be good to know if they effect it in any ways too?

Thanks

DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

the full kit is rather expensive. The six pack shocks are most the cost. Many people like the "flex" joints over JJ"s I have read. The kits seem very good.

But the Jeep they show has it all, the shocks. That gives like 12+" inch travel?, with out having to go coil overs and cutting things up. . Nothing compares to it in compact and range of travel. That I have ever seen. But what like 700$+ with the special mounts. EACH.

Mpg goes down but most of that would be if you are running 12.5 wide and how tall. You stay in the 10.5 might stay close to the same size33"s. I can get 18 in our Rubi2d with 3+ lift and 35"s. But that's at 65 with 4:10 gears. No top doors. lots of extra weight though from all the added steal parts.
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
benjmjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Look into aev on road and off is improved
benjmjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you're looking for a little extra lift and a better ride on road and off, an Old Man Emu 2" lift is a pretty good choice, and cheaper than a kit with new arms.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
the full kit is rather expensive. The six pack shocks are most the cost. Many people like the "flex" joints over JJ"s I have read. The kits seem very good.

But the Jeep they show has it all, the shocks. That gives like 12+" inch travel?, with out having to go coil overs and cutting things up. . Nothing compares to it in compact and range of travel. That I have ever seen. But what like 700$+ with the special mounts. EACH.

Mpg goes down but most of that would be if you are running 12.5 wide and how tall. You stay in the 10.5 might stay close to the same size33"s. I can get 18 in our Rubi2d with 3+ lift and 35"s. But that's at 65 with 4:10 gears. No top doors. lots of extra weight though from all the added steal parts.
18mpg with 35's? I need a 3.6

The Lite version of the MC kit is very good. No way I would shell out that much for the 6paks. The joints are amazing and on a JK I bet the ride is absolutely amazing.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
wingit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
If you're looking for a little extra lift and a better ride on road and off, an Old Man Emu 2" lift is a pretty good choice, and cheaper than a kit with new arms.
I have this one. Check out them out. I bought them because they try to improve both. Also because the design each system to the specific vehicle. You can't just buy a JK system. They dive deeper than that. They have a light system and a heavy system.

Here is a 2 in system rock crawling

How to choose which system
http://www.oldmanemu.com.au/old-man-...sion-selector/

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wingit/wrangler][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/204189.png[/IMG][/URL]
wingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaGuT View Post
I took my Jeep to light wheeling this weekend. Some light rock crawling and when one of the rocks slided below My stock bumper got hit and slightly damaged. I never liked that bumper and was planning to replace it anyways but now I think I need to hurry and finalize my searches and start building.

I've been reading about lift kits and everybody says depending on the quality they will either decrease or at best wont change the on road performance. This is my DD I drive around 50 miles per day and I plan to wheel couple of times per month so I want something that would improve both on and off road or at least my wont hurt current on road performance.

I have been reading about metal cloak game changer and game changer light, almost every review is good. More than that people claim this is the best kit money can buy . Do any of u use these kits? Can you give me some feedback

Is it possible for a kit to improve both on and off road performance ? If yes which one is better game changer with 6 pak or lite?
Or is there a better one?
I am not crazy for mpg but would be good to know if they effect it in any ways too?

Thanks
Simple answer is yes a good lift can improve on both on and off road performance. 6-pack shocks are expensive. I love mine and get great flex when off-roading. I read everything on every forum I could find before I ordering the Game changer. I could not find a single person who did not love the lift they installed, be it game changer or lite.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #8
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast

Simple answer is yes a good lift can improve on both on and off road performance. 6-pack shocks are expensive. I love mine and get great flex when off-roading. I read everything on every forum I could find before I ordering the Game changer. I could not find a single person who did not love the lift they installed, be it game changer or lite.
I have to admit , I admire your ride. Congrats on great builds

I am just afraid to go as high as 3.5" , I do not want to mess with the balance of the stock that much

Game changer with 6 paks are starting from 3.5" & lite is 2.5" . does it make sense to order 2.5" with 6 paks?
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks! The ride is great I was going to get the 2.5" but also plan to eventually go to 37s so at the last minute I switched to the 3.5" version. I was worried the tires would look too small with the lift and fenders, but I like it. Note that 2.5" is only on a 4dr, on 2dr you'll get 3.5" Also they built it for a fully modded jeep, with armor, bumpers, tire carriers, winch, etc. So on a stock jeep you'll see more lift. I do get full use of all that clearance.
photo2.jpg

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That picture hurts my neck....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

This kit has been talked about time and time again on this forum. Heres what ive gathered since the kit started taking notice 2yrs ago. 1) with the complete kit it is the most flexable 5 link around (4 ctrol arms plus the track bar). Meaning you arent going to see more flex unlessnyou go to a 3 link, and a damn good one. Or go for all glory with a trianglulated 4 link. (Major bucks)
2) the full kit is worth it in the end. Especially with a frequent offroader
3) this kit will improve suspension performance all around. Much like other branks ex: currie, rk, aev, ome, etc ( and there are much more). Its gotten the reviews it does because of the quality.
So keep reading. And if your pockets have the room go for it!
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #12
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
This kit has been talked about time and time again on this forum. Heres what ive gathered since the kit started taking notice 2yrs ago. 1) with the complete kit it is the most flexable 5 link around (4 ctrol arms plus the track bar). Meaning you arent going to see more flex unlessnyou go to a 3 link, and a damn good one. Or go for all glory with a trianglulated 4 link. (Major bucks)
3) this kit will improve suspension performance all around. Much like other branks ex: currie, rk, aev, ome, etc ( and there are much more). Its gotten the reviews it does because of the quality.
I finaly decided to go for MC game changer 6 pak and contacted MC. They had 2 suggestions which made everything complicated again for me. I wanna get your reviews.

especially Filthy Beast's since I know you have been using the system for a while now.

1- Because I live in Turkey they suggested Old MAn Emu instead of 6pak

exact words were " I would recommend the
> Gamechanger OME edition. It is the kit that we normally use for
> international orders because there is not a good way to take care of any
> issues that could happen with the 6pak shocks. The performance both on
> and off road will be the same as far as what you will feel. We use the
> OME shocks because they have almost the same valving that we use in our
> 6pak."

so Am I likely to have a problem with the 6 pak shocks? are they hard to take are of? here we have plaes who distrubute and install and take are of ARB - AEV - Sky jakcer products . Will they have a hard time to deal with MC 6 pak?

another issue is if OME is almost the same as 6 pak than what is the major advantage of 6 pak?

Another issue is My ride is Rubicon 2.8 CRD ( diesel) which is not available on US market but I have seen somewhere that I may need a AEV DPF tube as well. ( I do no even know what a dpf tube is ) Should I follow up on this?

Thnx
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #13
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaGuT View Post

I finaly decided to go for MC game changer 6 pak and contacted MC. They had 2 suggestions which made everything complicated again for me. I wanna get your reviews.

especially Filthy Beast's since I know you have been using the system for a while now.

1- Because I live in Turkey they suggested Old MAn Emu instead of 6pak

exact words were " I would recommend the
> Gamechanger OME edition. It is the kit that we normally use for
> international orders because there is not a good way to take care of any
> issues that could happen with the 6pak shocks. The performance both on
> and off road will be the same as far as what you will feel. We use the
> OME shocks because they have almost the same valving that we use in our
> 6pak."

so Am I likely to have a problem with the 6 pak shocks? are they hard to take are of? here we have plaes who distrubute and install and take are of ARB - AEV - Sky jakcer products . Will they have a hard time to deal with MC 6 pak?

another issue is if OME is almost the same as 6 pak than what is the major advantage of 6 pak?

Another issue is My ride is Rubicon 2.8 CRD ( diesel) which is not available on US market but I have seen somewhere that I may need a AEV DPF tube as well. ( I do no even know what a dpf tube is ) Should I follow up on this?

Thnx
First off your dpf is a diesel particulate filter. So the tube most likely takes out a loop or exhaust pipe that gets in the way of the suspension leading to the dpf. Or the dpf itself may be in the way.

The MC and the ome will ride the same due to their valving (same stiffness/softness) The advantage of the MC is that they have increased travel due to the common body two rod design. The MC shock basically acts as two shocks facing the opposite way to achieve more travel.
What mc doesn't want is something to go wrong with your shock and then you be 1) out of a shock for a while while they fix it and/or 2) you having to take it to another shop that may not be as experienced as mc and them messing up the 6pak
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #14
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
This may be true for a kit, but not for ANY 5 link builiding your own can be better. There joints are nice, but you never use all the degrees of flex there joints use, wich isnt really a bad thing. The shocks are 14" travel, but honestly the shocks are a weird set up. Theres times when youll get more WHEEL travel with a good build on your own than this kit will provide even with a 12" travel standard shock...
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #15
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post

This may be true for a kit, but not for ANY 5 link builiding your own can be better. There joints are nice, but you never use all the degrees of flex there joints use, wich isnt really a bad thing. The shocks are 14" travel, but honestly the shocks are a weird set up. Theres times when youll get more WHEEL travel with a good build on your own than this kit will provide even with a 12" travel standard shock...
Very true. Most don't use the full up travel of the MC lift. But with some relocation brackets for the shocks and some minor modifications..... personally I'd go three link if I really wanted to. But like stated the stock geometry will support 12 inches of travel easy

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.