First time removing my doors I have a question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > First time removing my doors I have a question?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

First time removing my doors I have a question?

Ok I have never removed my JK's doors and honestly I dont think they were ever off before. Anyway I got them off with very little effort, they were stuck a bit but I got them off.
After putting them back on I noticed that the passenger door hinge on the top looked evenly centered while the bottom one was a little off. If I run my finger down the hinge where the separation is there is a little off centering. I took it off and put it back on a couple times and each time it would lay the same exact way and operate perfect. The door operates fine but I am just not sure if this is normal? I did not notice if it was like this before hand but I have never taken them off before so I am just curious.

Thanks

ironbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

You may be seeing a worn hinge bushing.

When you decide it's time to rebush the hinges, search the forum for Delrin door hinge bushings.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
You may be seeing a worn hinge bushing.

When you decide it's time to rebush the hinges, search the forum for Delrin door hinge bushings.
Worn bushings even on a 2011? It isn't even that noticeable but being that it is my JK I see everything on it. The top hinge seems to line up perfect, then again after doing a walk around on the doors, each hinge has a little overhang on the hinges, very very slight nothing huge. They just are not all perfectly centered but operate perfectly
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbike View Post
Worn bushings even on a 2011? It isn't even that noticeable but being that it is my JK I see everything on it. The top hinge seems to line up perfect, then again after doing a walk around on the doors, each hinge has a little overhang on the hinges, very very slight nothing huge. They just are not all perfectly centered but operate perfectly
It must be normal, then.
But when you need bushings, consider the Delrin bushings. They won't corrode, and last a long time.
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It must be normal, then.
But when you need bushings, consider the Delrin bushings. They won't corrode, and last a long time.
What would be an indicator for worn bushings?
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbike View Post
What would be an indicator for worn bushings?
When the pins and bushings wear, there will be play in the hinges.

Unless you lube them periodically, the bushings will corrode and the door will become harder to swing, and be very hard to remove.
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
When the pins and bushings wear, there will be play in the hinges.

Unless you lube them periodically, the bushings will corrode and the door will become harder to swing, and be very hard to remove.

These operate perfect and are not hard to remove now. I unscrew the bolts and it slides out nicely.
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Seems like the newer bushing dont last nearly as long. Probably why jeep sells the jk bushings for 20 bucks each!

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.