JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   First Time Jeep Owner, and I need Ideas.. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/first-time-jeep-owner-i-need-ideas-1404404/)

SilenceOfDaPwnd 08-12-2012 09:32 AM

First Time Jeep Owner, and I need Ideas..

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys

I am on week two of owning my first Jeep
07 Wrangler X

I am trying to come up with ideas to customize it and make it my own.
So far I have only done a few small cosmetic things and I am looking for ideas.

Anythign will do.

I am not made of $ and want to stay within reason so don't suggest anything that I will have to sell my body on the street to afford....

So Far I have only done the following:

-I have Rhino Lined the entire interior of the Jeep
-Rhino Lined the Grill
-Added the Black Mesh to the Grill
-Replaced all lights that are not LED with LED
-I have the Rugged Ridge Body Armor Cowell installed
-The Body Armor RockCrawler Sidebar on is order
-I have thrown a tow bar on the back and put a Superman Logo Hitch Cover on (I am a Superman Fanboy)
-I have a USAF Tire Cover on the Spare Tire
(I have served the USAF for the past 7 years now)
-Swapped out the stock antenna with the 13in Off road Antenna
-Installed 2x Rear Rampage Grab Handles in back seat.
-Slapped on the Jeep Logo Door Guards
-I have the Jeep Wrangler Slush Front Mats inside
(The ones with the tire tread on them)
-Finally I have the Mopar Console Cushion Extender installed

Like I said it has only been a week and I have only done afew cosmetic things.
If anyone has any ideas please share with me.
I am here to learn and grow as a Jeep owner and Lover

-John

doug4823 08-12-2012 09:37 AM

What price range are you looking at? $100, $1000 or $10000?

$100: Maybe some recovery gear? Bikini top?
$1000: Winch/Bigger Tires/Lift/New exhaust/CB
$10,000: Supercharger!

SilenceOfDaPwnd 08-12-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug4823 (Post 14008930)
What price range are you looking at? $100, $1000 or $10000?

$100: Maybe some recovery gear? Bikini top?
$1000: Winch/Bigger Tires/Lift/New exhaust/CB
$10,000: Supercharger!

I wanna stay low for now
Couple hundred dollars here and there

The SuperCharger sounds amazing
But not likely lol

The Lift will come I am sure
I was discussing Exhaust today.............

I was weary on the lift idea tho
Because I hear if you go over 3in with a manual trans then you enter a whole new price zone due to all the shaft work you gotta do.

Plus I heard something about Massachusetts being a pain in the *** with not passing safety on jeeps with certain lifts......

Not sure tho....

doug4823 08-12-2012 04:19 PM

You could do the lift or the exhaust yourself pretty inexspensively. That arent too tough or time consuming. I really like the sound of the Gibson exhausts.

SilenceOfDaPwnd 08-12-2012 04:31 PM

Ball park on the lift or exhaust ?
Is it overly difficult ?

222Doc 08-12-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilenceOfDaPwnd (Post 14010283)
I was weary on the lift idea tho
Because I hear if you go over 3in with a manual trans then you enter a whole new price zone due to all the shaft work you gotta do.

Plus I heard something about Massachusetts being a pain in the *** with not passing safety on jeeps with certain lifts......

Not sure tho....

even at 3 inch do not expect the D/l to last. More like 2" if you think you will get any real miles out of a stock D/L. Even 2.5 lifts that have extended drop will run into issues. This trouble is worse on a 2d.

Stock drive shafts on stock jeeps can last a very long time and never need service, like the rest of the Jeep no grease fittings. Once you get into cardan drive shafts you have to lube them at oil change. getting to the center ball to lube the pine hole is not to easy on my front Jk.

doug4823 08-12-2012 04:42 PM

Exhaust is pretty straight forward but I had to adjust my hangar locations. This is the one I have. I think you can get the price down to $300 or so if you go with a different finish...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17606_0102_07.htm

SilenceOfDaPwnd 08-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug4823 (Post 14010590)
Exhaust is pretty straight forward but I had to adjust my hangar locations. This is the one I have. I think you can get the price down to $300 or so if you go with a different finish...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17606_0102_07.htm

Wow 20 HP gain?
If its an easy Job that is def gonna go on my to do list.....

MeatCurtains 08-13-2012 10:47 AM

You will probably not see 20hp, but an exhaust is a great way to customize.

Another option is to make or buy some bags you can hang on the back of the seats, or even the tail gate. My 2011 I had made a bunch of pouches out of duck canvas and hung them from the backs of the front seats, and my tailgate. They can be nice to put things that tend to roll or slide around in. The one on my tailgate had a place for me to store my tool kit.

To mount i just sewed some nylon strapping to the canvas across the top and bottom, hammered in some grommets in the corners and a few in the middles of the sides, then used a washer and sheet metal screw to screw it in to some holes I pre drilled. I did hit the hole with some primer to help prevent any rust that may happen. I regret leaving it on the 2011 when I sold it.

doug4823 08-13-2012 12:58 PM

Yeah I wouldn't count on 20hp. Honestly I have never noticed a differance when I turn on the butt dyno after adding an exhaust. I like the look and sound and more than anything and if there is any extra power its a bonus!

SilenceOfDaPwnd 08-14-2012 06:47 AM

So yesterday I put new SilverLight Ultra Fog Lights in to replace the only stock bulbs in the Jeep lol

So much better imo

I also threw in my new Jeep Floor Mats (The Ones with the Tread design)
And installed the Center Console Extender

I also installed my K&N Air Filter....

Looks like the guy who owned this before me had one in there already but it was not cleaned or taken care of........

I think they just used canned air to blow out the **** on it when i bought it.

Once I installed it, I felt like I was driving a new vehicle.......
Idled better
Better pick up
Just better ride all together

So that was my add-ons yesterday lol

jeff@zina.com 08-14-2012 09:18 AM

Drill the mirrors, paint the gas tank, relocate mirrors or pick up Harley Sportsters for the doors off, light guards, CB radio, locking center console (Tuffy, etc.), hi-lift jack... All within your range. Lights, bumpers winches, lifts, wheels/tires, etc. can come later, as you need.

Jeff

N2rock 08-14-2012 10:00 AM

what about some windshield mount fog lights? The mounts and lights won't break the bank, and they always give a nice look to any Jeep IMHO

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...c/GEDC0116.jpg

SilenceOfDaPwnd 08-14-2012 10:29 AM

Damn those Windshield mounted Fogs looks sweet

The wiring a pain to do?

I assume its a bracket you install and just run the line under the hood etc....

N2rock 08-14-2012 10:33 AM

There are a few different bracket manufacturers. Mine are the Mopar ones- they are a bit more expensive than the other brands, but I preferred how the Mopar ones positioned the lights. The other brands tend to position the lights a bit further out.

Wiring- just your typical wiring job: switch & relay. There have been a number of write-up in this forum about wiring up fogs with a switch & relay. The hardest part IMO is getting the wires thru the firewall- that is pretty easy to overcome though, and again there's some write ups with different options for doing that.

The time now is 06:52 AM.