First of many installs on the JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > First of many installs on the JK

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 05-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

First of many installs on the JK

Finally got the rugged ridge grill insert and installed it this afternoon aswell as my JK decals I ordered.

Install was super easy and drilling into the grill was not nearly as painful as I had thought it was going to be. Seeing how it is plastic material it isn't going to rust. Anyway I clipped everything back together put my JK decals on and snapped a couple pics.

Next I need to get a 17" spare rim and tire to match.

4435296c-f85b-4248-ae92-796ae4f07a83_zps565f619d.jpg   img_20130531_173744_962_zpsde8846b8.jpg   18778293-48f8-4139-8d82-2e375eb3c367_zps603b4aee.jpg   img_20130531_173715_128_zps78ad2f8b.jpg  
ironbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks sharp! I did the DIY grill mesh, and love the look of a JK with the grill mesh.
Another idea...paint the mesh as the same color as the exterior of the Jeep.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
Looks sharp! I did the DIY grill mesh, and love the look of a JK with the grill mesh.
Another idea...paint the mesh as the same color as the exterior of the Jeep.
I thought about that but Honestly I really like the black on orange
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbike View Post
Finally got the rugged ridge grill insert and installed it this afternoon aswell as my JK decals I ordered.

Install was super easy and drilling into the grill was not nearly as painful as I had thought it was going to be. Seeing how it is plastic material it isn't going to rust. Anyway I clipped everything back together put my JK decals on and snapped a couple pics.

Next I need to get a 17" spare rim and tire to match.
Looks good man it starts off nice and simple like this and all the sudden you've got the thing stripped apart and are installing loads of aftermarket crap!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Looks good man it starts off nice and simple like this and all the sudden you've got the thing stripped apart and are installing loads of aftermarket crap!

Yeah I can see that happening
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Notchman
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to see a pic of the other side of the grill if you have one. It looks sharp and I'd be interested in how difficult it is to install. I've been thinking about the DIY plastic mesh mod but if the RR insert is fairly easy to install I might be swayed to go that direction.
Notchman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notchman View Post
I'd like to see a pic of the other side of the grill if you have one. It looks sharp and I'd be interested in how difficult it is to install. I've been thinking about the DIY plastic mesh mod but if the RR insert is fairly easy to install I might be swayed to go that direction.
Well it is very easy if you know how to use a drill and just take your time making the holes. Install was not difficult at all and even though I spent a lot more on it then the DIY I am extremely happy with how it looks and came out over the DIY setup.

As for pictures once you re install the grill it hides all the insides and the 2 holes on top so unless I remove the hole thing you cant see anything from a picture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.