First jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > First jeep

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
funmachine

First jeep

Bought my very first jeep yesterday. 2009 unlimited Sahara. So far I am in love. It being used seems the po didn't like the front tops so well, they are pretty scratched up. Any suggestions on where to buy/how and what to paint with.

funmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats and welcome to the forum. remember to wave to other jeeps.

Is your top black or painted to match your body? If painted then I'd go to a body shop to match it.

but I'd suggest you just drive it for now and take the top and doors off as much as you can.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
funmachine

It's black not body color. The very top is not real noticeable especially with the top off. it the sides that meet the door that drive me crazy.
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've never done it myself but see Krylon fusion Satin black as the recommend paint. It's near impossible to match the factory color so you'll have to paint the entire top. Good prep and many light coats is the key to get it to look good.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
spinlock

Mopar makes a black touch-up paint pen that matches the top. I've used for scratches and it works well if you prep the area. They may even offer it in a spray can for larger jobs.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
funmachine

I'll check it out. But it doesn't matter if I continue to ride with the tops off!!! I'm loving this jeep
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
BlkBetty12

I've used a black sharpie marker to touch up scratches. After its applied and is dry you won't even notice the previous mark. If you paint beware of scratches after taking it off road. That would be a lot harder to maintain.
BlkBetty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.