First hard rain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > First hard rain

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
sccpdc

2014 JK Wrangler 

First hard rain

We had our first hard rain today, checked my 2014 JK sport. I seem to have a leak around the soft top header seal, can't get to it just yet still raining, any one have this problem?

Unread 11-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yup, had my 2014 for 2 days and went out to a soaked interior. Was not impressed.
Gumby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
TheGoodStuff
2010 JK Wrangler 

It's not a jeep unless it leaks or squeaks ;wink ;wink
TheGoodStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Take it to the dealer! My 2012 is fine.
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Common problem. The dealer will fix under warranty. Take pictures

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

yup just remove the carpet and bedline it
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was having water issues too. The last time I had my tops off, I applied some silicone spray to a rag and wiped down all the rubber seals on the tops and where they sit on the jeep. We had heavy rain today and the floor was dry as can be. Cheap fix and worth a try.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Is this a problem with the soft tops or for the hard tops as well?

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have read mostly hard tops....
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 2dr just back from dealer after having an inch of water on passenger floor, so much the rear passenger footwell was wet. They replaced the passenger door seal and one roof seal. But when I go to pick it up, floor is still soaked, I was told "let it dry out" after I overheard mechanic say to tech rep "it's to hard to pull the carpet". YGBFSM. I have a fan blowing on it overnight. I've been impressed with dealer to this point, I hope this is a rare occurrence.
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post
My 2dr just back from dealer after having an inch of water on passenger floor, so much the rear passenger footwell was wet. They replaced the passenger door seal and one roof seal. But when I go to pick it up, floor is still soaked, I was told "let it dry out" after I overheard mechanic say to tech rep "it's to hard to pull the carpet". YGBFSM. I have a fan blowing on it overnight. I've been impressed with dealer to this point, I hope this is a rare occurrence.
Take the carpet out and let it hang dry. It will dry much faster allowing you to pull the drain plug and blot up any remaining water on the floorboard. It is not hard to do at all they are made to be removable.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's the issue, that's what I asked the dealer to do and they said and I quote, that's to hard to do. So no, I'm not pulling carpet, if it's not dry Monday it's back to dealer.
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
sccpdc

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco
That's the issue, that's what I asked the dealer to do and they said and I quote, that's to hard to do. So no, I'm not pulling carpet, if it's not dry Monday it's back to dealer.

It really is not hard to take it out, there are slits around where the seat is bolted to the floor. There is one plastic wing nut under the seat and three at the front top of the carpet. The carpet is in four sections, the back bed, the back passenger floor and the front drivers side, the front passenger side. I did not remove the back bed it was not wet. I started with the back passenger on the driver side. Worker the carpet free from around where the seat is bolted down. Make shure the wing nut has been removed. Work the carpet from underneath pushing up. Then pull out from under seat. Do this on both sides. Back passenger carpet comes out on one piece. Then work on the front. Set out in sun during day in house at night. After two days mine was dry. I still have it out so I can check the top for the leek just in case it was my fault for not putting the top back on properly.
Unread 11-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
sccpdc

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco
Try this.
Haven't seen a negative review yet. Gummi Pflege - Weather Stripping Conditioner | einszett Car Care Products

I just ordered some from amazon today.
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

i understand your frustration with the dealer, but do it yourself so don't get mold.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.