JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   First hard rain (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/first-hard-rain-1831186/)

sccpdc 11-26-2013 02:32 PM

First hard rain

We had our first hard rain today, checked my 2014 JK sport. I seem to have a leak around the soft top header seal, can't get to it just yet still raining, any one have this problem?

Gumby1 11-26-2013 08:16 PM

Yup, had my 2014 for 2 days and went out to a soaked interior. Was not impressed.

TheGoodStuff 11-26-2013 11:13 PM

It's not a jeep unless it leaks or squeaks ;wink ;wink

AveCat 11-27-2013 12:41 AM

Take it to the dealer! My 2012 is fine.

ROCKR8R 11-27-2013 09:22 AM

Common problem. The dealer will fix under warranty. Take pictures

-Dan

cyberpyrot 11-27-2013 09:25 AM

yup just remove the carpet and bedline it

muddr1 11-27-2013 03:47 PM

I was having water issues too. The last time I had my tops off, I applied some silicone spray to a rag and wiped down all the rubber seals on the tops and where they sit on the jeep. We had heavy rain today and the floor was dry as can be. Cheap fix and worth a try.

MyJKU14 11-27-2013 04:11 PM

Is this a problem with the soft tops or for the hard tops as well?

muddr1 11-27-2013 05:09 PM

I have read mostly hard tops....

73azbronco 11-29-2013 07:38 PM

My 2dr just back from dealer after having an inch of water on passenger floor, so much the rear passenger footwell was wet. They replaced the passenger door seal and one roof seal. But when I go to pick it up, floor is still soaked, I was told "let it dry out" after I overheard mechanic say to tech rep "it's to hard to pull the carpet". YGBFSM. I have a fan blowing on it overnight. I've been impressed with dealer to this point, I hope this is a rare occurrence.

TheBoss 11-30-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73azbronco (Post 18121658)
My 2dr just back from dealer after having an inch of water on passenger floor, so much the rear passenger footwell was wet. They replaced the passenger door seal and one roof seal. But when I go to pick it up, floor is still soaked, I was told "let it dry out" after I overheard mechanic say to tech rep "it's to hard to pull the carpet". YGBFSM. I have a fan blowing on it overnight. I've been impressed with dealer to this point, I hope this is a rare occurrence.

Take the carpet out and let it hang dry. It will dry much faster allowing you to pull the drain plug and blot up any remaining water on the floorboard. It is not hard to do at all they are made to be removable.

73azbronco 11-30-2013 09:40 AM

That's the issue, that's what I asked the dealer to do and they said and I quote, that's to hard to do. So no, I'm not pulling carpet, if it's not dry Monday it's back to dealer.

sccpdc 11-30-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73azbronco
That's the issue, that's what I asked the dealer to do and they said and I quote, that's to hard to do. So no, I'm not pulling carpet, if it's not dry Monday it's back to dealer.

It really is not hard to take it out, there are slits around where the seat is bolted to the floor. There is one plastic wing nut under the seat and three at the front top of the carpet. The carpet is in four sections, the back bed, the back passenger floor and the front drivers side, the front passenger side. I did not remove the back bed it was not wet. I started with the back passenger on the driver side. Worker the carpet free from around where the seat is bolted down. Make shure the wing nut has been removed. Work the carpet from underneath pushing up. Then pull out from under seat. Do this on both sides. Back passenger carpet comes out on one piece. Then work on the front. Set out in sun during day in house at night. After two days mine was dry. I still have it out so I can check the top for the leek just in case it was my fault for not putting the top back on properly.

sccpdc 11-30-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73azbronco

Try this.
Haven't seen a negative review yet. Gummi Pflege - Weather Stripping Conditioner | einszett Car Care Products

I just ordered some from amazon today.

pentastarguy 11-30-2013 08:14 PM

i understand your frustration with the dealer, but do it yourself so don't get mold.

The time now is 07:52 PM.