Firewall Tube - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Firewall Tube

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
68cupe
2008 JK Wrangler 

Firewall Tube

I have an '08 JKU and noticed something new a couple days ago and need help figuring it out. After I drive the Jeep then park it, there is a puddle of water under it like it was AC condensation, but it is not. The water is coming from a small bent rubber hose about 3" long attached to the firewall on the driver's side by the tranny. At first thought, it was a cowl drain for water and I had water standing in there and needed to unclog it like I have on other cars. So, I ran a long piece of weed eater line into the tube to try to unblock it. I ran the line into the hose a good foot or two and nothing more came out other than the steady drip it has now. I did this today after running the Jeep without the AC on because it's nice outside so I know for a fact it's on AC condensation. Any thoughts on this or someone who knows exactly what this tube is would be appreciated.

68cupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Are you sure it's only water? That narrows it down quite a bit, it has to be condensation from something or a drain from a body seam (but I assume you'd have figured that out if that's what it was).
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
68cupe
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm confident it's water. Put a piece of white paper down and it's clear.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Your condensate drain can hold water for a while after the AC is no longer running. Just a thought - try going two days or more with no AC or defrost and see if that stops it...
Unread 10-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

how do u know it's not the a/c drain? does that come out more under the 'tub' like on other vehicles?
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
68cupe
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't know for sure. Why I'm enlisting others to tell me. I hope that's what it is. But what has me baffled is no AC was on today and it was dripping.

Unread 10-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Wonk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Your AC compressor will run if you use the defrosters. Any chance you ran it?
Wonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
68cupe
2008 JK Wrangler 

Had it on for a sec. From all the questions all are asking, sounds like it is the drain for condensation.

Unread 10-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

I crawled under mine - the hose you refer to IS the condensate drain. check to make sure your compressor is not staying engaged - its the lowest pulley on the drivers side of the engine. It is engaged when the center is spinning with the outer belt track. ANYTIME that compressor is spinning it will make condensate. If its staying engaged even with the system off you have a trip to the dealer to consider! It should engage when either AC is selected (with fan on) or DEFROST is selected (with or without fan on).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.