Finally a Jeep Owner!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Finally a Jeep Owner!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
HayashiK1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Finally a Jeep Owner!!

I finally got my first Jeep!!

I bought a Red Rock JK Unlimited Rubicon. I haven't seen it live yet because it's sitting at AEV waiting for base package conversion with IPF 900XS lights and Warn 9.5ti winch.

Here are some photos.

I should have it on my driveway by the end of the month!!

HayashiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

eeewwwiiiieeee....riiiver rock red!!! hehe thats my colour. looks great. congrats
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

HayashiK1

That is funny!!! I just bought the other RedRock that AEV had. I also have not seen mine. I talked to Dave at AEV yesterday and he said they just got all the paperwork and received the jeep from the dealership. I am hoping to have it by the end of April. He said about 3 weeks unless it gets held up because they are currently waiting on gears.

How was you experience with AEV? Mine was fabulous. Kent and Dave are more than happy to answer questions and give opinions and purchasing the actuall vehicle from the dealership was very easy as well.
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:15 AM   #4
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice ride, congrats.......
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #5
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice Jeep! Congrats!
07 Black Sahara Unlimited 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, RE quick discos, 3/4" front spacers, 16x8 soft 8's, BFG 33x12.50's MT's, Shrockworks rock rails. Bulldog rock crawler winch bumper, Warn M8000 and lot's of armor! (Mine)

08 Redrock X Unlimited (Hers)

http://www.novajeepers.com
BirdsFanVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #6
plk457
2007 JK Wrangler 

wow, that is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeet. congrats
plk457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicokc View Post
HayashiK1

That is funny!!! I just bought the other RedRock that AEV had.
oh, do they call it red rock? lol, my bad...i forgot :P
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Woodchuck,
Before they get too far on yours you might want to reconsider the gear choice. Most people with 35's prefer the 5.13's over the 4.88's. Either way your gonna have one SWEEEET looking ride!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Brent f70,

Thanks for the advise. I have talked quite a bit with the guys at AEV about this. I am by no means an expert in gearing (actually know next to nothing about them). I told them I would never go to 37's and that I live in Oklahoma (pretty flat land here) and will do most of my driving here and in Texas. They said the 4.88 would get me back close to stock on both performance and MPG. They recommended the 5.13 if I had to go up a lot of hills but thought the 4.88s would fit me better and get me better MPG. When I goto Texas I go way south (500-600 miles) to go hunting and visit the In-Laws on the coast while I am not looking for Honda mileage I would like to get the best the vehicle is capable of.

Does this sound right to you?
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #10
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Brent f70,

I just noticed you are in Colorado Springs. I have some friends with a place in Chapita Park and we go up a few times every year. You know of any fun but easy trails around there. I would be taking my wife and daughter with me and don't want her to get freaked out if I start climbing boulders and scratching up what she considers an extremely expensive "toy".

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
Brent f70,

I just noticed you are in Colorado Springs. I have some friends with a place in Chapita Park and we go up a few times every year. You know of any fun but easy trails around there. I would be taking my wife and daughter with me and don't want her to get freaked out if I start climbing boulders and scratching up what she considers an extremely expensive "toy".
Your call on the 4.88 vs. 5.13's. I love the 5.13's and would not change if someone paid me to do it. But then again I live at 7000 ft above sea level and climb what I use to call mountians everyday driving to work. In OK maybe 4.88's will work for you but I recomend you search some threads on this site and think about it instead of just relying on AEV. Even my local dealership said 5.13's were too much until they put them in and did a test drive, now that is all they recomend for 35's.

As far as trails go...There are trails everywhere here. The best part about CO is you can ride the easy trails and just enjoy the GREAT scenery so you will have no problems finding good trails that wont kill your paint. IF you go to the main forum page there is even a colorado jeep club section. ...That's where I go to see what trail weere headed to this weekend!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Brent....I will start poking around the site to see what I can find about the gears. I looked at some of your pics...they are great...nice Jeep. How do you choose between the Hummer and the Jeep. Both VERY nice rides.

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Brent....I will start poking around the site to see what I can find about the gears. I looked at some of your pics...they are great...nice Jeep. How do you choose between the Hummer and the Jeep. Both VERY nice rides.
I was living overseas most of the time I had the H1 and I sold it b/c I thought I would have several more years over there. The month i sold it I got relocated to CO. I got here and immediately bought the Rubicon.
I can honestly say my Rubicon in its current configuration will go places the H1 could only dream about. I loved the H1 but.....it ain't a JEEP!!!
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
HayashiK1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
HayashiK1

That is funny!!! I just bought the other RedRock that AEV had. I also have not seen mine. I talked to Dave at AEV yesterday and he said they just got all the paperwork and received the jeep from the dealership. I am hoping to have it by the end of April. He said about 3 weeks unless it gets held up because they are currently waiting on gears.

How was you experience with AEV? Mine was fabulous. Kent and Dave are more than happy to answer questions and give opinions and purchasing the actuall vehicle from the dealership was very easy as well.
Awesome!! I looked at other colors that AEV had including Jeep Green, Black, and Steel Blue. But Red Rock felt like the color for me this time around. I am glad to see that I have a Red Rock AEV Rubicon Buddy!!

I completely agree with you on working with AEV and the dealership for actual purchasing of the vehicle. It was very smooth with the way they have set up the process. I highly recommend working with AEV!!
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
HayashiK1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Finally!!

I got a photo from AEV today of my Rubicon.

I can't wait 'til it gets here. I am going to have it shipped to me. So I should be driving it by the middle of next week!!

Here it is.

Hopefully, I will get to 35s, Rear Bumper, and Lift soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.