JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Finally got my trektop! pics (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/finally-got-my-trektop-pics-1075153/)

kjamesm 07-23-2010 05:56 PM

Finally got my trektop! pics

5 Attachment(s)
Ok so for those of you curious ill tell you my story of actually getting the damn thing after i tell you how the trektop is. Its awesome....I know i got the newest version with clip on tailgate bar and what not, and its great. Put it on in i think 60 degree cloudy weather and it went on great, 20 minutes and ive never had a soft top before. Wind noise is nothing, the only time i remember its even a soft top is when im stopped and a semi or somthing loud pulls up next to me. Couldnt be more pleased with it at all. Love it.

SOOOO i had been waiting 2 months for it because of the backorder, my order was placed through 4wheelonline.com who i will never in a million years buy from again. Im sure when they have stuff in stock they are great but 1:i called about 50 times and only got through to a person 4 times. 2: I sent about 20 e-mails and only got about 6 responses. and 3: why would you tell me my trektop IS SHIPPED when it hasnt....your just hoping it will and saying so to shut me up....How did i GET my trektop? simple i cancelled my order from those d-bags and found a website called justforjeeps.com, their site said they had them "in stock" so i e-mailed them casually aksing if they actually have one. I get an immediate response saying yes we have one left and if you act quick itll be yours. So 2 days later i decide to go ahead with it and before ordering call them and make sure its still in stock. A nice lady picks up the phone after one ring and says they have one and she offers to go look at it to make sure its not damaged....turns out the guy i e-mailed put my name on it and put it on hold for me!! so 3 days later its on my JEEP. Oh and the trektop was 50 bucks cheaper at justforjeeps (450)....seriously awesome customer service.....hence why i wrote this long *** paragraph about them....ill always buy form them if they have what i need.

McKBrew 07-23-2010 06:20 PM

Looks sharp.

Vin 07-23-2010 10:43 PM

Can you post a shot with the door open or off? I would like to see if it would work with soft doors/half doors.

Charles 07-24-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin (Post 9841370)
Can you post a shot with the door open or off? I would like to see if it would work with soft doors/half doors.

Just my two cents but if that top works with the hard doors then it should work with the bestop soft doors. I have the soft doors and run them with a hard top. The quality of the doors though...don't get me started on that.

saceone 07-25-2010 02:22 PM

looking good

ryanryan03 08-31-2013 06:32 PM

Very sweet on a 2 door.

Gcana333 08-31-2013 08:39 PM

I have this top on my 12 2 door, and use the bestop 2 piece soft doors...that's my summer style. I also tear out the floor mats and drain plugs because the 2 piece doors don't seal great, and definitely let in water...I don't know if that's normal for the doors or because of the top door combo. It looks like the back part of the upper, where it meets the front of the top doesn't sit right, but that's not where my leaks happen. Hope that helps.

CaptD 09-01-2013 04:10 AM

Bummer about the 4wheelonline issue. Looks really good man. How long does it take to go through the different stages of dress so to speak? Top all the way down, sides only, etc? Just curious. I recently bought the Bestop Supertop and it's a little bit of a pain to raise and lower when I'm by myself.

The time now is 04:22 AM.