Finally "framing status"on JKUR! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Finally "framing status"on JKUR!

1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
newjeeper1973

Finally "framing status"on JKUR!

I've been patiently waiting, 7 weeks tomorrow... To be honest if I could go back I would have just found 1 I could live with in dealer stock! And reading all these threads it is killing me. Longest 7 weeks of my life! I even drove 30 min to see an ol' friends 2008 JKU. But mine is in "framing status", which I think means 1-2 weeks more! I can't wait much longer!

newjeeper1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

to the forum and congrats on your new Jeep but...

What exactly did you order, is it a 2dr, 4dr, Sahara, Sport or Rubicon? Color?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
newjeeper1973

They searched, could only find a Black Rubi with navigation or a black Rubi with factory ordered same color top and fenders. I really didn't want the big nav because I want to add a DVD in dash player. And does it make any sense to order with Black painted top (2000$) and fenders (200$) on a black jeep where the factory color is ....black. So I decided on JKU Rubi in black, 4.10 gears, leather heated seats (wife loves them), Air cond, duel tops (my son may take to college, don't worry about someone knife happy). I did spring for the conectivity group so perhaps driving on the phone may be safer.
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Ditch55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
to the forum and congrats on your new Jeep but...

What exactly did you order, is it a 2dr, 4dr, Sahara, Sport or Rubicon? Color?
JKUR I know his agony, it's only been 3 weeks for me. I was anxious so I called the Dealer today., No VIN and probably will not be one until after the New Year.
Ditch55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Ditch55

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeeper1973 View Post
They searched, could only find a Black Rubi with navigation or a black Rubi with factory ordered same color top and fenders. I really didn't want the big nav because I want to add a DVD in dash player. And does it make any sense to order with Black painted top (2000$) and fenders (200$) on a black jeep where the factory color is ....black. So I decided on JKU Rubi in black, 4.10 gears, leather heated seats (wife loves them), Air cond, duel tops (my son may take to college, don't worry about someone knife happy). I did spring for the conectivity group so perhaps driving on the phone may be safer.
The phone thing may be something of the past real soon.... cough are Government is going to ban all use of any type hands on or off device while driving. It's true look in to it!
Ditch55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Been sitting in production scheduled for a week now...painful, painful wait.

I really hope "framing" isn't a 1-2 week process
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch55 View Post
The phone thing may be something of the past real soon.... cough are Government is going to ban all use of any type hands on or off device while driving. It's true look in to it!

Probably just in ur stupid state of CA.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Probably just in ur stupid state of CA.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...TSB/51983992/1

"This week, NTSB called for every state and Washington, D.C., to ban the non-emergency use of portable electronic devices for all drivers."
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #9
newjeeper1973

Let's be honest, how many people have been killed reaching for the radio dial? How about requiring all vehicles to have automatic headlights and wipers because I am sure there are a number of people killed each yr reaching for those? Maybe even a ban on personal vehicles, would make it easier to set up a nationwide transportation system.... Where do they stop?
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Saw a guy in DC traffic eating a bowl of cereal and reading the paper. All while moving in traffic in his big SUV. Taking away my hand free devices will never fix the amount of stupid people.
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #11
thedude386
2011 JK Wrangler 

How about a ban on manual transmissions...when I change gears I have to take one hand off the wheel. Once I saw a guy playing his trumpet while driving. Congrats on your purchase btw. I too agree that it is pointless to get a painted hardtop and fenders on a vehicle that is black.
thedude386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #12
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude386 View Post
How about a ban on manual transmissions...when I change gears I have to take one hand off the wheel. Once I saw a guy playing his trumpet while driving. Congrats on your purchase btw. I too agree that it is pointless to get a painted hardtop and fenders on a vehicle that is black.
But...they'll be MORE black And all shiny and stuff...or something.
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
durable1
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post
Saw a guy in DC traffic eating a bowl of cereal and reading the paper. All while moving in traffic in his big SUV. Taking away my hand free devices will never fix the amount of stupid people.

Yes...^^^^^^^.....I hate it that people speak & text on phones, eat etc. while driving but do not want the gov't taking away my freedoms. Or yours either. They should but out! Stupid people exist and always will.
durable1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sooooo...still in framing?

I'm still in production scheduled...
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Framing or production, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. When I was following mine on insight it was stuck on production scheduled for what seemed forever and then all of a sudden it was on a railcar to the dealer. The only time they updated regularly was while it was on the railcar. I don’t know how true this is but I heard somewhere that the factory closes down for two weeks during the holidays for maintenance.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.