Finally fixed my soft top leak..... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
rlj

Finally fixed my soft top leak.....

Over the years I've read numerous posts on this site and others talking about the soft top leak. My hard top has never leaked however when the soft top is on I always had the aggravating drip over the door handles on both the driver and passenger sides.

Earlier this week I went out and purchased a new header strip from the dealer, NAPA Sil Glyde and a tube of clear silicon. I tore off the old header strip as it had a few tears in it from carelessly putting on the hard and soft tops. I installed the new header strip and caulked the top edge with a thin bead of silicon for additional protection. I used the Sil Glyde on the rubber door moldings, applying not too much nor too little.

It rained like cats and dogs last night and this morning and when I opened my Jeep it was bone dry.

I imagine I'll periodically need to re-apply the Sil Glyde however so far I'm glad it worked. Pretty easy fix for under $100.

2011 WK2 Overland
2007 JK Sahara Unlimited
2003 TJ X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.