In a fickle Mopar vs. BDS lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > In a fickle Mopar vs. BDS lift

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits 2010-14 Jeep Wrangler Island Topper Black Rugged Ridge 1352007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 08-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
JKLIMITED-NOT

In a fickle Mopar vs. BDS lift

Gonna get it lifted. The problem is I contacted JEEP, and they told me that if I lifted through them everything will still be under warranty. If I lift it on my own it will void the warranty on some parts. This is my first dilemma(had to use spell check for this word).

Second issue: I like the 3" BDS lift kit, however if I go through the dealer to do the work, I will have to go with MOPAR, the 4.5" lift costs over $5K, and the 2.5" is semi reasonable

What should I do?

JKLIMITED-NOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

screw the warranty and buy the BSD, you can put all that money you saved on the lift for anything that breaks on the jeep that isnt covered.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
JKLIMITED-NOT

Anybody second the notion of bagging the warranty?
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow thats insane, saw this on the front page haha. what is included in the mopar 4.5???? hopefully a sye/cv driveshaft new control arms, springs, shocks, maybe a set of dana 60's lol cause 5k is insane
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

i say go with BDS, they warrant all/most of their stuff
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

You do realize the "Mopar" lift is really just Rubicon Express with a heftier price tag?
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #7
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
You do realize the "Mopar" lift is really just Rubicon Express with a heftier price tag?
And the warranty for it is through a 3rd party entity.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #8
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am willing to bet that even if you get the lift through Jeep and have a problem, they will still deny warranty coverage. Too bad LL bean dosent own jeep, I sent an air matress back to them that my cat deflated and they sent me a new one. Even told them what happened. Now thats a warranty.
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Screw warranties. It's a JEEP. If you can't figure out how to fix something (if it ever happens), you don't need to own one. Spending $5k on suspension is NUTS. BDS isn't bad, Clayton is better and will probably be cheaper.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

I looked at both lifts. I chose and installed the Mopar 2" kit. I like the Bilsteins and felt it was a more complete lift.
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

BDS all the way! What seat covers are those? They look great
slimtim454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #12
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Which warranty do you have?
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

come on imped, i've appreciated your input on this site but really, "if ya cant fix it don't own a jeep" thats ....do you live in house? can you fix it when it breaks? I suppose you sewed your own seat upholstery too....geez I'm sure vedors would be thrilled if only mechanics bought jeeps

no disprespect intended but if ya cannot answer the guys question don't discourage him from even tying to learn/spend....and no I'm not vendor or mechanic jsut a wise guy looking for fun in all the wrong places....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have been up in the air too about which lift to get for my unlimited. One question you should ask is what size tires are you going to run. 35s will fit with a BB and wheel spacers. Also with a BB you still retain the stock suspension.
Im with everyone else, save the dough and get BDS.

BTW ur Jeep looks nice, but please get rid of the chrome.
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
JKLIMITED-NOT

They are OEM Leather Seats, that came with the car

Tags
bds lift , JK Wrangler , lift , mopar lift , questions , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.