Fastest Soft top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Fastest Soft top?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Digital504
2012 JK Wrangler 

Fastest Soft top?

When I got my 2012 unlimited JK for whatever reason I did not get the dual tops and now that is nice out I'm kicking myself. I love my hard top but I want to add in a soft top option now. Since I didn't get the factory one but still could is that the best option or are the Quadratec, Bestop options better ? I would love to get something that is fast and easy to put down after work. What do you guys have and use and how do you like it ?

Digital504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
roughandtangle
2013 JK Wrangler 

I got the dual top option with the premium soft top and i like it. About 2 minutes to take the top down and 3 minutes to put it up but I am still pretty new at it so i think there is room for improvement. Fit and finish is up to par for me and it is not noticeably louder than the hardtop on the highway. I have my stereo on the same volume and sounds very similar. Obviously i cannot speak to the durability at this point.
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Factory top is really simple, fast and convenient. Takes under 5 minutes to be topless.

Bestop makes a factory style top. I think it the super top
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've got the Supertop NX. To take it down is maybe 2 mintes or so. Putting it up (I've only done this a couple of times, so I take my time) is maybe 5. The windows are the part that takes the longest in both cases. Just working the top is less than half the time.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
packrider
2008 JK Wrangler 

75mph

I've had mine over 75mph. LOL
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I love the look of the Best top Trek Top NX, the angled back makes it much faster

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast
I love the look of the Best top Trek Top NX, the angled back makes it much faster
Lmfao! Adds at least 17 horse power
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
SkipperTW
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have had 3 of the JK's (two of the 2 door and my recent 13 Unlimited (all with Dual Top) - I love the new premium Mopar top. I can get it up by myself in about 5 mins (but I am also just learning it, so I think it will take less once I get my skills up). The think I love about the Mopar top is the sun rider option. Pop the two latches and the whole section that covers the front and back is open to the air. They have done a lot with this new design, and it's really cool (and no longer leaks at all... we have had some rain the past weeks and even in down pours not a drop).

My 2 cents, I love the Mopar Premium. but have read and heard good things about the recent after market tops.
SkipperTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #9
genebond
2013 JK Wrangler 

Took a little while to get used to the factory soft top, coming from a TJ. But, I love the Sun Rider function. Simple and fast!

+2 on the windows are the hardest/longest part.

I think the Trek Top (Fastback) will be my replacement, come time. Not sure if there is a frameless top for the JK? I would have gone this route with the TJ, had I needed to replace it. Much faster/simpler to remove.
genebond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
sdskpa

I just bought a premium soft top of Craigslist for $300 and the windows were still in the box. It is a very tight fit and is very quit going down the highway. If you get the premium you can put your hard top on with the soft top still installed. I would go with the premium soft top and see if you can get one off eBay or Craigslist.
sdskpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #11
tx_medic
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskpa
I just bought a premium soft top of Craigslist for $300 and the windows were still in the box. It is a very tight fit and is very quit going down the highway. If you get the premium you can put your hard top on with the soft top still installed. I would go with the premium soft top and see if you can get one off eBay or Craigslist.
Can this be done with the NX?

What about some of the "emergency" tops, has anyone used those?

I miss my YJ
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
NCSahara
2006 KJ Liberty 

I just put the NX on my 07 and love it much more then the factory top. Super nice fit,easier to see out the side windows and about 20% quieter inside.
NCSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

From what i have heard the Bestop soft top is a better quality version of the quadratec version. They do have more varity of options to choose from too.
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.