Fastback - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Fastback

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
rockrider66
2013 JK Wrangler 

Fastback

Has anyone purchased & installed a Fastback ?: I'm thinking about it but not sure if they are leak proof .

rockrider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have ORH fastback from 3 years ago. Did not leak until I added tailgate bar. Had a local shop mod the rear, and I mod the bar, bone dry now.
The newer ones from ORH come with the tailgate bar.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
kEat
2011 JK Wrangler 

I've got the Trektop NX and haven't experienced any leaks yet (today is the heaviest rain we've had since I put it on, though, so we'll see). However I will say it fits like a pile of ****. I've let all the panels cook out in the 90 degree sun (multiple times this summer) and it stretches plenty to fit onto the Jeep, but the windows will NOT stay seated in the door surrounds at all, regardless of how hot and stretchy they are. The very top of the plastic that "hooks" into the door surround always peels itself back, and makes the entire window vulnerable to popping out of the surround.

So buy with caution. This is on a 2-door, FYI. I would never buy another one, personally.
kEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kEat View Post
I've got the Trektop NX and haven't experienced any leaks yet (today is the heaviest rain we've had since I put it on, though, so we'll see). However I will say it fits like a pile of ****. I've let all the panels cook out in the 90 degree sun (multiple times this summer) and it stretches plenty to fit onto the Jeep, but the windows will NOT stay seated in the door surrounds at all, regardless of how hot and stretchy they are. The very top of the plastic that "hooks" into the door surround always peels itself back, and makes the entire window vulnerable to popping out of the surround.

So buy with caution. This is on a 2-door, FYI. I would never buy another one, personally.
I have this top and do not have the same problem, I would buy another one. KEat are you sure you're putting them in correctly?

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
kEat
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I have this top and do not have the same problem, I would buy another one. KEat are you sure you're putting them in correctly?
Yeah I'm 100% sure. I took pictures the other day and I'm going to e-mail Bestop and see what they say.

I also have lots of fraying everywhere. This top was definitely not built to last. Definitely some made-in-China disposable crap.

Last edited by kEat; 06-08-2013 at 07:39 AM..
kEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have this exact problem. I can't get the windows seated completely on the door surrounds I have move the top as far forward as I can in the settings. Other them disconnecting the front part and pushing it further forward which I have not yet tried.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
Gcana333
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the same top and the same "issue", although I don't see it as a problem. I ran it like this all summer last year, with the doors off and top in Sun rider position, (what I would think is the most voulerable for a panel to pop out) at 70 MPH, for over an hour, and never had the side panels pop out. I agree it doesn't look right, but it doesn't leak or pop out...so in my opinion not a problem. I think it comes off and on very easily...10 minutes to put everything back on, 5 to get it all off. The biggest drawback is it doesn't travel well with you when you take it off.
Gcana333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
rockrider66
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think we are talking about two different tops . I'm talking about the Fastback hard top from a company called Wild Boar .
rockrider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Gcana333
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yup, everyone here is referring to the 2 soft top fast backs.
Gcana333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
rockrider66
2013 JK Wrangler 

Fastbacks

I guess no one has heard about "wild Boar " Fastback . Guys look it up .
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

People have heard about them, just very few buy them because of the initial expense and shipping issues. Oem hard tops can be found on Craigslist for a fraction of the price of a wild boar one

That said wild boar makes a great product and stands by it 100%

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have one, great top. It's also for sale now as my jeep no longer sees the pavement. Conveniently located in NH, I won't turn this in to a for sale thread, PM me for details.

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
Gnarlyswine
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've heard the wild boar is a pig to work with as well. 400lbs, one piece. So no taking that off single handed. Shame as I like the fastback look. I have the orh one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #14
rockrider66
2013 JK Wrangler 

Post a picture of the top & then I'll PM you for more details .

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.