Falken ATS experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Falken ATS experience?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Falken ATS experience?

Has anyone had any experience, particularly off-road, with the Falken ATS 2 series (Wildpeak) of tires in the 35x12.5R17? I ask as I won a set of 5 tires (up to 37 in in diameter) from Discount Tire at EJS this past week. I currently run KM2s...info appreciated only on Falken, no other info on other brands needed.

"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

You could look on youtube for some videos of them in action
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
xraypat23
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have them, i love them! Worked great in the snow. Great off road and quiet as heck on road. They're no where near as aggressive as a set of KM2's, but for free, they're definitely worth it!
xraypat23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

on another forum a guy ran them on his ram. great when new, but after 20000 or so miles they were pretty worn down.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraypat23 View Post
... but for free, they're definitely worth it!
How did you get a free set? Inquiring minds want to know.
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Friday night during EJS is a giant raffle for all registrants. This year the booty was over $200k in value and usually includes a Prorock D60, multiple lifts and winches and several sets of tires. All goods are donated by vendors that exhibit Thur and Fri. Over 250 items were raffled this year.
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

i chastised B.A.D wheels for showing their new beadlocks with a set of those tires. the explanation was that they work very well in dry moab conditions. i was considering a set for the street myself.
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

never run them, but they seem like an amazing tire for rocks. no idea how they do in mud but i may be letting you know soon.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

They did not get good reviews for mud unless the tire rpms are kept up for self cleaning...they did get good reviews for rock and on road...I might get them and sell them cheap.
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #10
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
They did not get good reviews for mud unless the tire rpms are kept up for self cleaning...they did get good reviews for rock and on road...I might get them and sell them cheap.
i figured, they are way less aggressive than others, even the duratrac makes it look like a street tire, but thats what the winch is for i guess id take them, if they were in a 37
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #11
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have them in the 305/70/16 version. have a little over 16K on them now. Great tire on the road, very quiet. Handles pretty well in rain, wet roads. Don't know about snow (not much of that here in Austin area). On the little bit of trails I have been on, they are fine on the trails. Have not really had them in any mud. But the tread patterns does not make me believe that they would clean very well so I imagine they could be bad in mud.

With the exception that they seem pretty dang heavy (e sidewalls) for a 33" tire I like them. Would I be willing to get them again... good question. It's the only tire I have had so far, so I would probably want to put on something else just to see differences, but I would not have a problem getting them again.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.