factroy winch bumper?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > factroy winch bumper??

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
easyrdr

if you like that chaeck out aevconversions.com they have a bumper that looks better than stock. imhop and they have taken althe plastic off the front and replaced it with steel.its not cheap.

easyrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #17
jeepers3

Yeah, that is the bumper *I* want and I plan to buy it too - unless someone comes out with something better before I scrape up the money to buy the AEV bumper (which is doubtful I think). It just looks so GOOD. The big dilemma for me is to I pay a lot of extra money to have it painted silver like they show on their site, or do I leave it back? The silver looks really really nice to me - but I'm a cheap bastard and don't want to spend $400 or something just to have a bumper painted.

In the meantime, while a couple of other people argue symmantics (again...sigh) about whether or not the Mopar bumper is a "factory" bumper, the original poster, who asked:
Quote:
Im trying to find more info on the front setup. Anyone have a link or info on the factory front winch bumper?
got USEFUL info, which includes write-up of install info, as well as pricing an order information.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #18
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrdr
if you like that chaeck out aevconversions.com they have a bumper that looks better than stock. imhop and they have taken althe plastic off the front and replaced it with steel.its not cheap.
Actually, this is the correct URL,

http://aev-conversions.com/

$799.00 for the bumper +
$299.00 for the skid plate +
$249.00 for the winch mount

$1350.00 for a front bumper? YIKES! I still have to buy a lift, tires, rims, and so on and so on,,,,,

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl

Last edited by JK_Jeep; 03-05-2007 at 04:59 PM..
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #19
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

I like the bumper from Pure Jeep,,

http://www.purejeep.com

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #20
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
I like the bumper from Pure Jeep,,

http://www.purejeep.com
Yeah, I don't like that one at all. I'm thinking, "where is the rest of it?" It also doesn't provide much in the way of moose protection for my plastic grill, let alone accept the factory fog lights. (:

I will be getting the AEV I hope.
Unread 03-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #21
jeepers3

Someone make a real expensive roof rack to go with it - see the post I am about to post in my next thread.
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:13 AM   #22
03stage2

Yes it is a retarded arguement, BUT.... My new Rubi just came in and they added the winch and bumper into the final sale price of the jeep. I just dont understand how it couldnt be a factory option even though I just did this??

Regardless Im sure going to have some fun with it!
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #23
300bhp/ton
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03stage2
Yes it is a retarded arguement, BUT.... My new Rubi just came in and they added the winch and bumper into the final sale price of the jeep. I just dont understand how it couldnt be a factory option even though I just did this??

Regardless Im sure going to have some fun with it!
It's the difference between a dealer fit aftermarket option and factory option.

You simply can not order it from Jeep with the winch bumper all you can do is order a JK and have your dealer order the bumper seperate and fit it.
Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0HO!!! - stock|Land Rover Discovery 200Tdi - diesel, 33's and one or two other mods currently being rebuilt as an 88 Hybrid|Camaro z/28 LS1 - 5.7 litres of OHV muscle!!!|1977 Triumph TR7 V8 - Lightweight and fun, with only the doors remaining stock|smart Roadster - small nippy and 58mpg|Ford Thunderbird - long term rebuild project
300bhp/ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #24
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
It's the difference between a dealer fit aftermarket option and factory option.

You simply can not order it from Jeep with the winch bumper all you can do is order a JK and have your dealer order the bumper seperate and fit it.
CORRECT, which is what defines a Factory Option... Ugh... Why are so many confused on this point.

I guess 03Stage02 would consider VIN etching a factory option as well since the dealership put it there.
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #25
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlevins
CORRECT, which is what defines a Factory Option... Ugh... Why are so many confused on this point.

I guess 03Stage02 would consider VIN etching a factory option as well since the dealership put it there.
For what it's worth, the phrase that was used was "factory" - not "factory option". Maybe I'm just slow, but I clearly see a difference between the two, and would agree that the mopar stuff does not constitute a "factory option", but is definitely "factory".
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #26
03stage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers3
For what it's worth, the phrase that was used was "factory" - not "factory option". Maybe I'm just slow, but I clearly see a difference between the two, and would agree that the mopar stuff does not constitute a "factory option", but is definitely "factory".
WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Everyone is right, it just depend on how you look at it. I know I can not order a new one with the winch as a factory option, but I can and did buy one with a factory winch... Caych my drift?
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #27
PeteC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, what a twist to a topic.

"Factory Option" = That which is ordered directly from the Factory. That which is installed on the assembly line. In the case of the JK, that which is installed in the building known as Toledo North Assembly Plant.

"Dealer Option" = That which is bought and/or installed at the Dealership. In the case of Jeep, this would be a MOPAR product. These items CAN NOT be ordered and installed on the assembly line in the building known as Toledo North Assembly, also referred to as "The Factory".

I have placed several factory vehicle orders, I am somewhat aware of the differences. I hope this helps to clarify some misconceptions.

Also, Check out the www.mopar.com site again as DCX has just released some new items. If you did not see them a few days ago, they may be there now. That is for "dealer options".
There is no Bandaid for Stupidity
Sorry if my support of legal wheeling offends you
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #28
03stage2

I noticed the changes on their web site and I also noticed they did a nice price increase across the board. The winch I was looking at was $1100 last week and is now strangely $1130.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC
Wow, what a twist to a topic.

"Factory Option" = That which is ordered directly from the Factory. That which is installed on the assembly line. In the case of the JK, that which is installed in the building known as Toledo North Assembly Plant.

"Dealer Option" = That which is bought and/or installed at the Dealership. In the case of Jeep, this would be a MOPAR product. These items CAN NOT be ordered and installed on the assembly line in the building known as Toledo North Assembly, also referred to as "The Factory".

I have placed several factory vehicle orders, I am somewhat aware of the differences. I hope this helps to clarify some misconceptions.

Also, Check out the www.mopar.com site again as DCX has just released some new items. If you did not see them a few days ago, they may be there now. That is for "dealer options".
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #29
JoeBlevins

Nevermind...
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #30
jeepers3

Well, Just to lighten things up a bit - here is a before and after picture of replacing the pre-installed factory bumper with the Mopar factory bumper. I think most people will agree that the Mopar one looks better, although there may be better alternative bumper options out there. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.