factroy winch bumper?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > factroy winch bumper??

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
03stage2

factroy winch bumper??

So I am in love with the way the front factory winch bumper/ warn winch setup looks. I found the winch on mopars site and it lists for $1100.00. BUt under bumpers for the JK it only lists 2 options and they are both for rear bumpers. Im trying to find more info on the front setup. Anyone have a link or info on the factory front winch bumper?
Thanks!

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
rchs.band

My dealer is going to price it out for me today and I should hear back around 3...will see what I find out.
rchs.band is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
03stage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchs.band
My dealer is going to price it out for me today and I should hear back around 3...will see what I find out.
Im interested to hear what they say, keep us posted!
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
jeepers3

The Mopar front bumper does not use the fog lights. That makes it a big nogo for me, but I have seen prices of about $700 for it.

I have the rear bumper, and it was $600 installed.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
JayDLT
2007 JK Wrangler 

Is it this bumper?

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=7W
JayDLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
rchs.band

Nope, not the same as long as the picture is right. The pic shows an earlier model Wrangler - I think.
rchs.band is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
03stage2

That is not it, I am talking about the 07 JK's. It is a full factory bumper with space for the winch to be nicely hidden away. I didnt realize you couldnt get fog lights with it though....
Unread 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #8
jeepers3

Yeah, it's a real bummer. I dunno why they would do it - but here it is:

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/te...er_jk_bumpers/

Also from www.mopar.com:

82209740 Bumpers, Off-Road $555.00
Front, Satin Black. Includes Winch Mount, lic plate, pedestal mount fog lamp holes, and Tubular Grille/Winch Guard. Uses production tow hooks. To replace production Fog Lamps also order 8229880 lamps and 82210549 wiring.

Looks like you can put the fog lamps back on, post mounted, but not in the bumper itself.
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

I can manage without the foglights, the hoop above the winch looks terrible in my opinion though.

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03stage2
So I am in love with the way the front factory winch bumper/ warn winch setup looks. I found the winch on mopars site and it lists for $1100.00. BUt under bumpers for the JK it only lists 2 options and they are both for rear bumpers. Im trying to find more info on the front setup. Anyone have a link or info on the factory front winch bumper?
Thanks!
What factory winch bumper?!? You mean the after market Mopar one? Can't seem to find the factory option.
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #11
jeepers3

Mopar is the factory - essentially. At any rate, yes, we are talking about the Mopar one.
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers3
Mopar is the factory - essentially. At any rate, yes, we are talking about the Mopar one.
Generally when referring to factory in this forum, we are referring to factory options. That is just another after market option. Just clarifing.
Unread 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
03stage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlevins
Generally when referring to factory in this forum, we are referring to factory options. That is just another after market option. Just clarifing.
Sorry but you are wrong. This is genuine Mopar and also included in the official 2007 wrangler brochure. It doesnt get much more factory then that....
Unread 03-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #14
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

The term 'factory option' is generally used to refer to things that can be included in the initial purchase of the vehicle and appear on the window sticker. Mopar makes many factory parts, but these bumpers are not available 'from the factory' as in on a new JK straight from Jeep, so they aren't a factory option.

So, saying 'factory winch bumper' will make most readers think you mean a winch bumper available as a factory option on a new Jeep. This is not currently available on the JK, though there is a Mopar-brand winch bumper available as an 'aftermarket' option.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #15
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03stage2
Sorry but you are wrong. This is genuine Mopar and also included in the official 2007 wrangler brochure. It doesnt get much more factory then that....
The Offical 2007 Wrangler Brochure also includes mirror relocation brackets.. Do you consider those factory?!? Really?... Ohh.. If you really believe that, then nothing more for us to say...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.