Extra Destination / Delivery Fees on Dealer Invoice? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Extra Destination / Delivery Fees on Dealer Invoice?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
YlwColumbia

Extra Destination / Delivery Fees on Dealer Invoice?

Hello All,
Visited a Dealership in Plano, IL on Saturday. I'm looking to purchase an Unlimited and buy via the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program (Invoice minus 1%). The dealership showed me the invoice and everything looked good, there was the $660 Destination Fee/Charge and 2 more? They were broken out (I believe) as Chicago CAP... for $260 and $190.

I received the explanation that it was a 9/11 thing and now standard. I'm calling BS. Anyone ever heard of this ($450 additional Delivery/Destination Charges)?!?

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

The $660 is the standard destination charge on all Jeeps.

The other two charges are kinda "standard" in that they are marketing charges the dealer has to pay to their local Jeep dealers association for generic Jeep marketing that is done in their area. It pays for ads the say things like visit your local Chicago Jeep dealer.

My dealer insists he has to pay them on every vehicle he sells (whether ordered or from in stock) and he always passes this charge to the customer. Some people on the various boards say they didn't have to pay these charges.

But it has NOTHING to do with 9/11
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
YlwColumbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrogers
The $660 is the standard destination charge on all Jeeps.

The other two charges are kinda "standard" in that they are marketing charges the dealer has to pay to their local Jeep dealers association for generic Jeep marketing that is done in their area. It pays for ads the say things like visit your local Chicago Jeep dealer.

My dealer insists he has to pay them on every vehicle he sells (whether ordered or from in stock) and he always passes this charge to the customer. Some people on the various boards say they didn't have to pay these charges.

But it has NOTHING to do with 9/11
Thanks. Methinks CAP means Chicago Advertising Plan...
(But I'm just guessing). Either way, it's not my job to pay for dealer advertising.
Unread 02-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
wranged
2015 JK Wrangler 

I had two of these items on my invoice as well. One for Philadelphia DAA $225 and Philadelphia PPA/EB-PF for $210. If it is advertising, I'll bet they deduct on their taxes.
wranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
ToolFan

All vehicles have this. For example, on my BMW they have "MACO" for $250, which is the advertising fees and "training" for $180 that is in the car. Crappy sites like edmunds dont tell you this, so dont believe everything these sites say, they are never 100%.
ToolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #6
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan
All vehicles have this. For example, on my BMW they have "MACO" for $250, which is the advertising fees and "training" for $180 that is in the car. Crappy sites like edmunds dont tell you this, so dont believe everything these sites say, they are never 100%.
What he said...Edmunds is usually a few hundred dollars off on the invoice price (they are too low.)
RedRockJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.