Exhaust = Voided Warranty? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Charles
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
A gain after 4K rpm. How often do you run your JK in that range?
All the time on the highway. That's where I needed more power. I have plenty of power in 4 low on the trail. Vail Pass is a bear to get up at 10,662 ft. And the gain is slightly before 2300 RPM. http://www.mbrp.com/products/dyno/S5514.pdf

Another benefit of that particular setup is that the exhaust is relocated out of the way. No more smashed tail pipes. It's a win win.

http://www.mbrp.com/?page=products&m...&part=S5514409

Charles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 AM
OneLoud
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubuque
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
wow you just don't get it do you? I haven't "rip on" anyone and I certainly haven't "demanded" anything. My "side of the argument" is very simple and requires no "evidence" because I am not making any claims. You so called performance parts guys are making the claims.
Every single time someone has come in here and posted a bennifit you have come back with comments about how that isn't true or isn't practicle. I say "demanded" because everytime someone makes a claim you say "that is what I want to see proof of".
OneLoud is offline  
post #48 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 AM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
All the time on the highway. That's where I needed more power. I have plenty of power in 4 low on the trail. Vail Pass is a bear to get up at 10,662 ft. And the gain is slightly before 2300 RPM. http://www.mbrp.com/products/dyno/S5514.pdf

Another benefit of that particular setup is that the exhaust is relocated out of the way. No more smashed tail pipes. It's a win win.

MBRP Inc Performance Exhaust - Snowmobile, Diesel, Muscle Car, Exotic, Motorcycle and Sport Truck Exhaust Systems.
Thank you, that is the chart I'm looking for. So you cruise on the highway at +4K RPM? The gain before 2300 RPM is extremely slight. The sound and relocation factor would seem more important to me at this point.

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #49 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 AM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud View Post
because everytime someone makes a claim you say "that is what I want to see proof of".

What is so difficult about that for you to understand?

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #50 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Charles
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Thank you, that is the chart I'm looking for. So you cruise on the highway at +4K RPM? The gain before 2300 RPM is extremely slight. The sound and relocation factor would seem more important to me at this point.
For the second time, I do drive above 4K. At altitude and with a 5% grade uphill I need all the gain I can get. Perhaps you havent driven a vehicle 2 miles above sea level? There is less air. additionally, the exhast will be an excellent compliment to a supercharger.

And don't forget, it's stainless. It wont rust out.

You have an impression that we need to sell you on an exhaust. I think all of the bebefits have been pointed out and I am glad to point you in the right direction. However, if you don't see the benefits, just let it go and don't purchase one for yourself.
Charles is offline  
post #51 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 08:04 AM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
Perhaps you havent driven a vehicle 2 miles above sea level?
Definitely not, hence my different frame of reference.

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #52 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
OneLoud
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubuque
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
What is so difficult about that for you to understand?
The difficult thing for me to understand is why you contradict yourself! You say you don't need proof and then turn around and ask for it!
OneLoud is offline  
post #53 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud View Post
The difficult thing for me to understand is why you contradict yourself! You say you don't need proof and then turn around and ask for it!
Quote:
What we have here is failure to communicate.
Where did I say that?

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #54 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
OneLoud
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubuque
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Is there proof that there is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
I agree 100%. Where can we view the test results as well as all the supporting data?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
If MagnoFlow say it works it must! How about an independent test? As I stated earlier, you are just blindly listening to marketing. If what you say is true, show me independent testing and data.

Don't take this personally, I'm not attacking you, just your belief that marketing is fact. Most statistical data can be used to tell whatever story you want.

Let's take a look at your chart. How often is anyone running over 4k RPM in a JK for a prolonged period? I'd like to see the data below 4K where most of us live in the real world. From that chart, it's flat at best and possibly worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
That's the information I would love to see! The chart that was posted only showed gains above 4k for the 3.8. Sound and clearance are both valid reasons for changing. The stock 3.8 is definitely too quiet.
Sounds like you are asking for proof to me!?!?!?
OneLoud is offline  
post #55 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud View Post
Sounds like you are asking for proof to me!?!?!?
You did well, but that was the easy part. Now show me the part where I said that I don't need to see proof as you stated above.

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #56 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 PM
OneLoud
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubuque
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
wow you just don't get it do you? I haven't "rip on" anyone and I certainly haven't "demanded" anything. My "side of the argument" is very simple and requires no "evidence" because I am not making any claims. You so called performance parts guys are making the claims.
Well I guess I just mistook what you meant here. For a second I was thinking you were being only 95% duchebag, but I guess I was wrong and it is really 100%.
OneLoud is offline  
post #57 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud View Post
Well I guess I just mistook what you meant here. For a second I was thinking you were being only 95% duchebag, but I guess I was wrong and it is really 100%.
Yes, you were mistaken and for the record, I'm an a$$hole, not a d-bag.

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #58 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
OneLoud
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubuque
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
I'm an a$$hole, not a d-bag.
Hey, me too! My wife can give a referance if need be!
OneLoud is offline  
post #59 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136

Tom
daggo66 is offline  
post #60 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Airborneguy8
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 85
Whew... I started a war!

Well, I ended up getting the MBRP Installer Series. I ordered it yesterday, standard shipping, from Quadratec, and came home from work to see it sitting on my front porch. That surprised me big time. If all goes well, it will be on tomorrow after work.

Thanks for the discussion, I learned a lot and got to see differing opinions, which is always helpful.

Homebrewing Beer since 2005
Airborneguy8 is offline  
Reply

Tags
aftermarket , exhaust , warranty , jk

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Six-Cylinder Exhaust Manifold Warranty SpitNine TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 0 06-05-2008 12:50 PM
Aftermarket exhaust systems and warranty mscmsc JK Wrangler Technical Forum 0 10-01-2007 06:07 PM
lifts and voided warranties? mag162 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 11-14-2006 12:46 PM
exhaust manifold vs warranty Roll Tide TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 12-06-2005 05:20 PM
Is there a secret warranty on exhaust manifolds? eebasist TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 09-16-2004 07:32 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome