Everybody look at the F.A.Q. and tell us what it needs! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Everybody look at the F.A.Q. and tell us what it needs!

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #31
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Firewall access.

Unread 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #32
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Relating to TJ forum, I really like the section that listed all the descriptions of all the various packages that were available throughout the years.

On another note, since Chrysler was reluctant to give the various wheel packages available like they had done on the TJs. Maybe we need to hold a contest to name them.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #33
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Add something on CB/SSB and ham radios radio and mobile antennas.
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #34
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Add something on pay load, and towing.
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #35
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

All of these suggestions are great
I need you all to point me in the direction of the threads that contain your suggestions.
As wcbikes did, he linked the thread with the install videos so all I need to do is grab that link and add it to the F.A.Q.
If a thread can't be found that has the info you would like to see then start a thread and post the link in here.
When the thread has gathered enough responses to answer the main questions of the topic I will add it to the F.A.Q.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #36
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

My biggest issue....

There has been a lot of effort towards making the FAQ user friendly and very informative, and Jim is leading the way...but my issue is, there are still at least 6 or more threads per day that could be answered if the poster would just look.....

I understand that a newbie won't "get it" at first, but if we are going to put all this effort into the FAQ, should we not start directing folks to use it??? I'm not talking about being harsh or flaming, but damn, there's a lot of good info in there...let's utilize it...am I wrong here?

Everybody that has done a write up knows how much longer the job takes when you stop to take pics, then organize and post them...it's fun too, I'd just like to see the FAQ used for it's purpose...

I don't know the answer, and I enjoy helping out fellow JK'ers, I just wish our FAQ would get the use that it deserves....did I make any sense???
Unread 04-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #37
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

How about a section of common problems and common fixes/tricks?
Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #38
fourplyn
2007 JK Wrangler 

my .02cents

How bout a thread for newbies that states what should be moved up when doing a lift? You know, proper geometry. What areas should be addressed. The actual proper angle for your front axle should be so that Death Wobble will not occur.

Things to address when Death Wobble or steering issues occur. The step by step process of things to check to rectify any issue with your front end.

Also, how bout what tire size will fit with 2",2.5",3",3.5",4",4.5",5.5",6" lift's with stock fenders and also with flat fender's.

This will eliminate the need for such a massive lift for smaller tires.
fourplyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #39
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Fourplyn that's actually in the FAQ. Good leadership leads to good little marines. Just gotta lead the people to the right area. When I joined people were always nice about helping out and answering my questions as this forum has gotten larger seems like peoples tolerance has gotten shorter. Always remember where u came from. On that point if it says FAQ don't be a dumb *** look there first. Lol. Great job with the forum keep it up. Oh yeah how about a what's wrong with your jeep section ie. Water leak, fuel over flow or my jeep catches on fire.
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #40
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/d...fixed-1198322/

A simple, couple dollar fix to the second row floor mat woes associated with doorless rides^^^ Cheap mods list

b_c's build thread

JLC08JK's build thread

Deerassassin22's build thread

molshove's build thread

aznjeep's build thread

Dronac's build thread

11RUBICON's build thread

X
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #41
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks' Mike
Build threads added, I will go through the rest of this thread and add the suggestions when I have more time.
I need to do it carefully so as not to delete the whole damned thing like I did the last time
And I'll stash a new copy away just in case!

Visit the EnviroBeat
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #42
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorglockman View Post
My vote: more data on wheels and tires. Great info on the almighty 35"s but not so much on smaller or bigger and the advantages/specs/etc. Likewise on wheel size vs tire fittment.
Yes, tires and wheels would be really nice, I've looked and looked for the pros/cons of using 15" wheels compared to 16 and 17... costs, performance, comments, pics, deals....
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #43
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
To the top for more ideas!
I saw mentioned in a thread by krutj that we need some axle vent re-location ideas, anyone have a link? I know there were some threads in the past!
There's one suggestion on the AEV website in the install instructions for the 3.5" lift kit.
Unread 04-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #44
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

You may have it but I can't find it... GPS file sharing section... great trips, trails, places to go, videos of rides (link to U-tube?), trail name.gpx files only. There are other sites that provide a lot of this but I haven't found any for Jeeps. I don't know about "heads UP" stuff for rides/trips that are open to new participants.

Another area that could be helpful is coupon codes for Jeep vendors that are willing to give JeepForum members a discount...

Another area that could be helpful is sources for Jeep work and not just commercial shops but Jeep savvy experts that are willing to help.

WIth gasoline approaching $5/gal, techniques for getting better mpg might hold some interest... right up there with hemi conversions, I know.

Seems like, every week I hear about some new road or access closure to off-hiway recreation. Who is standing up for our rights? What are they doing?

Some demographics and statistics on the Jeep Forum would be interesting... how many? where do we live? How are our ages distributed? How many of each type of Jeep are represented?

Your turn.
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #45
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

All of this stuff sounds great and most of it can be found in various forums within JeepForum.
The F.A.Q. in question is in JK Technical Forum and needs to have content that is directly related JK technical issues and advisories.
Keep the suggestions coming and please provide links whenever possible.
Suggestions with links are much more likely to make it in the F.A.Q. than suggestions for me to do all of the work!

P.S. did you all see the new smilie >

Visit the EnviroBeat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.