Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

EVAP Canister..Skid or relocation

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  sgt jeep 
#1 ·
So I have a few gift certificates to Quadratec and I am looking at getting some skid plates. Should I get the Evap canister reloaction kit or keep it where it is and get a skid plate?

Thanks in advance!!!

#3 ·
Either option works.

If you live in a state with tough emission inspections though, a relocation kit may cause you issues on your annual inspections. There was a thread on it a few months back.

I haven't put a skid on mine or relocated and so far have had no issues.

#4 ·
Both options work. I relocated the evap cannister on my 2010 JK, and just used a skid plate on my 2011 JK. The skid plate option was easier, because the skid plate I used (Poison Spyder) did not require unhooking any of the connections on the evap cannister. I don't know what skid plate you're looking at on Quadratec's site, but the one from Poison Spyder makes the evap cannister pretty much bullet proof.

#9 ·
I'm flat out paranoid.

So I bought Skid Row's evap skid plate, like others have said, its easy, just bolts right in, nothing needs to be altered.

great piece of mind for me.

#11 ·
skid plate is easy to install and havent had any issues

#14 ·
I bought my 4dr Rubi 30Nov and ripped the evap canister off 4 days later. Didn't even know it until my neighbor saw me going down our street and asked what the wires were hanging down. After reading on this forum I decided to skid it due to the fact someones dealership said they wouldn't cover warranty work because of relocating it. I know it is horse-crap but when we want them to cover something we get pe'ed off.

So I went with Poison Spyder. The delivery time was 4 days, and it took me all of 30 minutes to install. That includes jacking the JK up, blocking it off, gathering tools and something to lay on in my garage. I think I also made coffee. I like it and think Jeep owes me $ for buying it and doing it myself. This is something Jeep should have done. I am thinking of suing them (joke)

Anyway, the Jk is in the shop now for mil light and I told the service guy about the skid plate vs relocating it and he said 'Ok'. I will see what comes of it as I was called and told about a hose being kinked. The hose apparently belongs to the evap canister and they had to research it. (Somehow, I think I am going to have to pay) Even though they cannot diagnose the codes they are getting, I will still have to pay)

I bought the 4dr Rubi for $30,400 so I am sure they are conspiring against me to make up for the low cost.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.