esp problems with lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > esp problems with lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
marionnc

esp problems with lift

i recently had a 3inch bds suspension system added to my 4 door jk unlimited. since the lift in minor curves at a slow speed the esp kicks in. i have had the dealer reflash the software, adjust the software for the larger tires, had the steering wheel centered and had 2 alignments but the system still kicks in. the jeep feels like it is pulling to the right but neither alignment seems to have helped. the esp is bad enough that i cant seem to make curves even slowly. there has to be something that will help this situation because the jeep is not fun to drive with this system constantly kicking in. any help or sugestions would be greatly appreciated. would adjustable trac bars and control arms help??

thanks,
john

marionnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Dirt_sample

You might be "SOL"...I had the same problem when I put the Rubicon tires on my "X", the reflash took care of all the problems. Until someone comes out with a programer or you have a professional calibration shop build you a board to off set the tire size you are going to have problems.

The computer is (IMO) looking at the rotation of the tires from the anti-lock sensors and then matching the inputs to the table that they have programed into the computer; when tire rotation does not match the MPH that it thinks the Jeep is traveling the computer thinks that you are going to fast, the ESP is then activated.

Basically it thinks the tires are slipping due to the fact that they are turning too slow compared to the speed the vechicle is traveling.
Dirt_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #3
rwmjeepjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

pull the esp fuse...I didn't want it anyway!
'07 Unlimited X - RED - winch, mod front bumper, 2.5" lift, 35" BFG KM2's, skid row skid plate, BackUp Camera, Custom Switch Pod, CB / PA, Congo Cage customized to full rack with light bar and rear ladder, more to come! (roof tent is not too far off, getting ready for next Easter Jeep Safari trip)
rwmjeepjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
marionnc

i thought about pulling the fuse but in the manual is says the fuse is for the esp, abs, stop lamp switch and fuel pump rly hi control. with out the fuse what effect will it have on these other systems?
marionnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
jeff@zina.com
2007 JK Wrangler 

I thought the ESP was switchable between full, part and off. Or is it just on some trim/packages that this is true?

Jeff
jeff@zina.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I thought it was selectable as well. I thought I read that somewhere. I think the Jeep Engineers discussed it on the JK question and answer session.
Unread 05-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
Dirt_sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@zina.com
I thought the ESP was switchable between full, part and off. Or is it just on some trim/packages that this is true?

Jeff
There is a full explaination in the manual on how the system works, I had to read it twice to get it, but it is very clear on how the system works.
Dirt_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@zina.com
I thought the ESP was switchable between full, part and off.
There are three settings for the ESP; Always On, Partially On, and Off. In 2wd you can only select Always On and Patially On. In 4wd you can select all three, but if you choose "off" and go over 40mph it will turn the ESP back on. In 4wd low the esp in in the off mode.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.