ESC light on? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ESC light on?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #1
94beachxj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

ESC light on?

The ESC light came on while I was driving to work this week.
Now I did install a Daystar budget boost last week end.
I was going to get a alignment asap...but I wanted to show it off at work 1st of course.

Well after 40 plus miles I heard that ding and saw the ESC light appear. 3 days later and 49 miles more no change.
Today I got the alignment done,and to my surprised the code was a speed sensor failure. Now I'm very confused........ Well i tested the alignment and returned to the shop to pay the bill. They told me at the Napa service center its a warranty deal and your covered. Cool right? So i left NAPA and proceeded to the stop light 1 mile away...........No ESC light and the cruise control works! I am persuaded to think the off tracking due to a misaligned suspension, sent a code from the speed sensors?
The 2013 Wrangler has never threw a code in the 1 yr of driving it.

I hope this help any other jeeper that has this issue.

94beachxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 04:32 AM   #2
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

U have to drive over 30mph fpr 10 miles to reset the esp after your steeringwheel was centered. The abs esp and bas lights are all simitaniously linked together

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 10:10 AM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94beachxj View Post
I am persuaded to think the off tracking due to a misaligned suspension, sent a code from the speed sensors?
Codes are "out of parameter" - not good or bad. So your thinking is along the correct lines. The code was for "out of parameter speed sensor voltage". Which could have been caused by false engagement of TC/ Stability.
If you dont own a code scanner - you are at the mercy of others...

If all's working now - just drive it like ya stole it and see if it throws another code.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.