ESC kicks in after 4" lift - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ESC kicks in after 4" lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 01-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
mdsteves

So got my rear centered and now ESC kicks on quicker ugghh. Hate chasing things. Time to find a shop i guess and see if they can find it.

any other ideas from anyone?

Ohh and i stuffed my drv side rear tire and almost ripped the flare off...didnt think it was supposed to rub with a 4" lift and stock flares, boy was I wrong

mdsteves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #32
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Where's the front side to side? Did you re-center the wheel?
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #33
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

When your driving straight down the road is the steering wheel turned in either direction or is it straight on?
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #34
mdsteves

I took and got it aligned again. And teh steering wheel is straight. Front is dead center also.
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well hmm... You got me, mine did the samething your is doing but the wheel was off by a few degs. I recentered and my problem went away! I guess the quick fix would be to just disable the esp altogether.
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #36
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsteves
So got my rear centered and now ESC kicks on quicker ugghh. Hate chasing things. Time to find a shop i guess and see if they can find it.

any other ideas from anyone?

Ohh and i stuffed my drv side rear tire and almost ripped the flare off...didnt think it was supposed to rub with a 4" lift and stock flares, boy was I wrong
"Lift" doesn't make your tire uptravel less, bumpstop does. How much bumpstop are you running?
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #37
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsteves
I took and got it aligned again. And teh steering wheel is straight. Front is dead center also.
Who aligned it?

If it wasn't done by a Jeep dealer then it likely isn't dead center. You can actually center the wheel best by doing it yourself on the street with a Procal, because the tires will be even more straight. You drive slowly 100 or so feet on a good flat no apex road, and come to a stop without touching the wheel. Once you are stopped, still don't touch the wheel, just follow the Procal guide for setting the steering wheel.

This isn't rocket science.
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #38
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

On the steering wheel, "it looks straight" is not good enough. Don't be surprised if you have to adjust it several times to get it straight enough for the sensor to stop tripping the ESC.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #39
mdsteves

I got my alignmet done by a shop because I got a 3 yr plan with them. I can take my jeep in there anytime and get my alignment checked/fixed free after that up front cost.
But as I learn more from you guys, I feel that was a waste of money.

I will take my procal and do the steering myself this weekend in a parking lot hopefully. Hard to find open space around here lol.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.