Engo BUMPER review-ish - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Engo BUMPER review-ish

DynoMax fall Ultra Flo Welded rebate is here!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Shocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Engo BUMPER review-ish

Got a really good deal from northridge4x4.com. Took a little too long to ship. Almost 3 weeks. But when you get free shipping on a 100lb bumper what can you say. http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/en...er-66-j07-12-f

Bought it through northridge but it was drop shipped from Engousa. It looks just like the one I found on this web site that claims to be made in USA http://www.hncusa.com/#!online-store...34&id=28472249

Was packed ok, was bubble wrapped to hell.

Anyway, this sucker is heavy. It made my front end sink about 1/2". When I ad the winch(Christmas) I may have to get some new front springs. I went with the version without the pre-runner.

It was pretty easy to install, considering I was too impatient to wait for help and I did it myself. If I would have waited on a buddy it would have been a breeze.
Seems super solid with good welds. A few scuffs that I touched up with with bedliner. Didn't come with hardware, which was just an annoying trip to the hardware store.
Paid $330 shipped.

I'm missing a bolt on each side. I was short two bolts. And I tied up my fog cables after the pic.

Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Took forever to ship you say? I'm waiting for something from Northridge now over 5 weeks.
One of the items in the shipment said "shipped" in their system with no tracking info, had to call several times for them to send it after three weeks.

Free shipping sounds good but they don't like to tell you when something is back ordered, or in the case of my control arms, that they don't even have an account setup through the vendor yet. They were happy to charge my card for $1300 though. Still no estimated ship date from them.

Actually they've done this to me before. I initially ordered my wheels and lift from them. They charged me but never bothered to tell me that the wheels were back ordered with no ETA. Plenty of other places had them in stock so I went elsewhere.

I almost ordered my expedition one bumper from them too. Of course they wanted more than retail but shipping would be free. I called the manufacturer directly and they sold it to me for retail and covered the freight for free. Quicker and cheaper. No middleman BS.

I'm not sure I will do business with them any more.

/rant off
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have ordered a few other smaller items from them and everything went fine. This was a little frustrating. The tracking number was sent with a USPS link and every time I clicked it, it would say, "Not Found." After about three days of that I plugged the number into UPS and it came up. I think I will continue to order small things from them when the price is right. I may stay away from larger items they don't seem to actually have in stock.
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
I have ordered a few other smaller items from them and everything went fine. This was a little frustrating. The tracking number was sent with a USPS link and every time I clicked it, it would say, "Not Found." After about three days of that I plugged the number into UPS and it came up. I think I will continue to order small things from them when the price is right. I may stay away from larger items they don't seem to actually have in stock.
I dont mean this is a bad way, but its a steel bumper. Probably shipped by freight which takes a little longer. Also you ordered through northridge who then had to order the bumper with Engo. 3 Weeks is a pretty quick turnaround time for that. I would be very happy to get a steel bumper for my Jeep in 3 weeks after ordering online.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That may be true, and that would be fine if they didn't say it was shipped and wasn't. Then tell me it would ship tomorrow and didn't. Then tell me it would ship on Friday and it didn't. Then tell me it will ship middle of next week and didn't. I don't mind a wait, but tell me 3 weeks, tell me a month, tell me the truth. Don't give me a new ship date 4 different times after you already posted it as shipped. If you look at my first post, the wait was a side note at best. I was just responding to brian. But hey, I like the bumper and the price. It was just a small grip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.