End of 07 production run? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > End of 07 production run?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
HellifIknow

End of 07 production run?

Does anyone know when the production run for the 07 two door JK ends?

Any info would be a big help. Thanks.

HellifIknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

generally they switch over in the fall. so i'd say around september-october of 07 they will start to switch production to 08s

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
UTAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellifIknow
Does anyone know when the production run for the 07 two door JK ends?
Are you asking because you expect options to be available in '08 not available in '07?

If so, while most changes do occur in yearly increments, that does not stop Jeep from offering mid-year option changes. I'm not saying Jeep will do it - just pointing out that it is possible and to keep watch.

Bill
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
JoeBlevins

And that begs the question, what changes can we expect for '08? Would like to know... And please keep the fan boy 'I WANNA SEE CRD!!!' down.
JoeBlevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlevins
And that begs the question, what changes can we expect for '08?
with the 07s just hitting lots, i think that it is way too soon to really know what will be changed/different in 08

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:19 AM   #6
08 Sahara
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to campaign for the Stone White availability in the Sahara line!
Perhaps factory installed heated seats. What the heck, add power mirrors to really get the purists in an uproar
08 Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #7
tacjeep99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ
generally they switch over in the fall. so i'd say around september-october of 07 they will start to switch production to 08s
Maybe that is how they do it now, but whenever I have ordered a new Jeep in the past, I ordered them in the spring, and mid May is usually the cutoff date with mid June to early July starting production on the upcoming model year. Everytime I have ordered the dealers have told me that to guarantee getting the Jeep I wanted, my order had to be in by mid May.

For instance, my 99 Wrangler was ordered in mid May 98, it started out as an order for a 98. The dealer told me he thought it might be a 99 because the day I ordered it was the cutoff for the current model year (98), and he was right, I didn't get it until September of 98 as one of the first 99 Wranglers they sold. That answer will give you some idea of when to start asking about upcoming changes for the 08 model year.

Typically, Jeep, as do other American auto manufacturers, use the June, July time frame to build inventory, fill "1st kid on the block to have a new one" orders, and have Jeeps ready to go on the lots for the fall introductions. With a 6-8 week order/build time that is typical, the first new ones that show up on the dealer's lots in late August early September have actually been built in June or July. Also keep in mind, auto manufacturers shut down for a week or two during the early summer for tooling switchover, to gear up for the new model year production and to give employees time off.

This is all based on my experience working for Auto dealers and ordering experiences. Maybe with the new plant operations, and robotics they are able do it differently now, but I would call a dealer and ask when is the latest an 07 Wrangler can be ordered and guaranteed of getting what is wanted. That answer may give you some idea of when to start looking into changes for the 08 model year.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
PGBronco10
2011 WK 

so would the end of march be a good time to order one? because of a bunch of different reasons, i cant switch out for the jeep till about then and hopefully it will be a good time. im also hoping that the waiting time will be much shorter. any advice?
PGBronco10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #9
forbeer

jk

production ends the last week of July every year.

HTH
forbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
tacjeep99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGBronco10
so would the end of march be a good time to order one? because of a bunch of different reasons, i cant switch out for the jeep till about then and hopefully it will be a good time. im also hoping that the waiting time will be much shorter. any advice?
I think March, April, and even early May wouldn't be a problem.

Another comment was made above by forbeer about the end of July being the end of production, which would make March safe for ordering what you want.

If you wait until late May/early June, that would probably put you into that July time period when 07 production is winding down. Might want to go for an 08 at that point.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.