Emissions problem, Ripp supercharger/Headers (See Post #23 For Important Info!) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Emissions problem, Ripp supercharger/Headers (See Post #23 For Important Info!)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 03-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #31
Blown08

Ding Ding! System too lean is back. After 45 miles this time.

Blown08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #32
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown08 View Post
Ding Ding! System too lean is back. After 45 miles this time.
PM sent.
2005-2011 Wrangler Supercharger Kits
Most Powerful 3.8L JK's
OVER 1600 SOLD Worldwide
Our Dealer List
718-815-1313
RIPPMODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #33
Ripped08
2008 JK Wrangler 

My 3.8 2008 with Stage II, RIPP longtube headers passed AZ. with flying colors..
Ripped08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 01:08 AM   #34
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
First and foremost, any relocation of the factory O2 sensors and Cat's CANNOT be certified as 50 state legal, and it is why we do not advertise them as such.
Your knowledge of the use of O2 sensors in the exhaust is flawed in that most computer control vehicle system will utilize the O2 sensors for fuel trimming purposes, this goes with race cars as well.
Our standard arm headers do come with High flow CATS to allow for a check engine free environment, which is what you have. What you do not have is emissions readiness which CAN be remedied by one of the above listed checks and by performing the readiness list listed above.

What we do advertise is a check engine light free environment. That we delivered, your vehicles emissions readiness is a result of an issue with your specific vehicle. Our calibrations do NOT mess with that, otherwise we would NOT have received our CARB EO number on out 2007-2011 system, which IS advertised as 50 state legal.

All that said we do understand your frustrations and are trying everything we can to address your vehicles specific issues.

RIPP
Hi All,

Yes, my knowledge of O-2 need is far from complete so that is a fair enough statement.

Also, yes, Maybe I said "emissions legal" above but I did actually mean is MIL free which in my state of NH is essentially emissions legal.

I appreciate you understanding on my frustrations. They mainly revolve around the length of time it has taken to resolve the issue. This is of course partially my fault as I have been in and out of the country for the last 16 months.

I have however thoroughly gone through the vacuum system, exhaust system and replaced the one Component you guys recommended which was the part from an SRT Neon, I forget the exact component. I have also ran numerous different programs from Diablo. The last one as I recall makes the Jeep run fantastic but still has the "not ready state".

Anyway, I will returning from China for a couple weeks later this week and if I could resolve this it would be great.

I will try the other things you recommend, probably starting with plugs and wires then O-2's.

Do you make a recommendation on specific plus, wires, coil?

rear o2's fail more often or front or does it matter? I obviously want to spend the least amount possible so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

V
Maximous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #35
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximous View Post
Hi All,

Yes, my knowledge of O-2 need is far from complete so that is a fair enough statement.

Also, yes, Maybe I said "emissions legal" above but I did actually mean is MIL free which in my state of NH is essentially emissions legal.

I appreciate you understanding on my frustrations. They mainly revolve around the length of time it has taken to resolve the issue. This is of course partially my fault as I have been in and out of the country for the last 16 months.

I have however thoroughly gone through the vacuum system, exhaust system and replaced the one Component you guys recommended which was the part from an SRT Neon, I forget the exact component. I have also ran numerous different programs from Diablo. The last one as I recall makes the Jeep run fantastic but still has the "not ready state".

Anyway, I will returning from China for a couple weeks later this week and if I could resolve this it would be great.

I will try the other things you recommend, probably starting with plugs and wires then O-2's.

Do you make a recommendation on specific plus, wires, coil?

rear o2's fail more often or front or does it matter? I obviously want to spend the least amount possible so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

V
Understandable. In the above post is listed the process that the Chrysler ECU need to complete the readiness tests. When you get back, please give us a call , sometimes it is easier to tech over the phone when you information listed to explain. We want your vehicle to pass as much as you.

Thank you for your service.

RIPP
2005-2011 Wrangler Supercharger Kits
Most Powerful 3.8L JK's
OVER 1600 SOLD Worldwide
Our Dealer List
718-815-1313
RIPPMODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #36
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hi guys,

I am back for the week, I will call you Monday. Shall I ask for anyone specific that knows roughly what we have been discussing on the thread?

Thanks,

Verne
Unread 04-13-2014, 01:19 AM   #37
pauljbrennan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Do you have any dyno charts for the RIPP on the 3.6L ?
pauljbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #38

any updates?
870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #39
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

no update

Sorry, no updates.. I have not worked on the Jeep. My time in China has been extended for 1-2 years.

I may just sell the Jeep as is. Before I left for China I had just got done putting in a 1 ton front end as well.

I will update if I am able to work on it.

I have come home a couple times for short durations but not enough time to work on it. I will say it runs fantastic.

V

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.