Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Warning Light is on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Warning Light is on

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Warning Light is on

Does anyone know anything about this? Over the past couple of weeks, sometimes it will come on, sometimes it won't. It doesn't really run bad when it is on, except right when I start driving down the alley, its a little weak but after that I never feel anything else. I would like to get this fix before this weekend so any help is appreciated. Oh, and it is on a 07 JK.

Someone on another forum told me to check the evap can, but I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'
toyota4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
JeffinWesternWA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Theres a note ref it/info in the owners manual, I'd think of getting a scan of your ECM if you suspect a problem, it'll store a soft code ther for a while if the light has come on...
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
JKBlack
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2010 4door Sahara with auto and I had my ETC light come on too. The fix, at least according the dealer, was a faulty PCV Valve, some hose, and another module. I have the codes and actual parts they replaced if you'd like for reference.
JKBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Swol335i

I have the same issue on my 2010 except it renders it not drivable since it's a stick shift. They've replaced some wiring, the accelerator and the throttle control. I just had it towed for the 3rd time with 600 miles on it. I hope it's not a lemon.
Swol335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swol335i View Post
I have the same issue on my 2010 except it renders it not drivable since it's a stick shift. They've replaced some wiring, the accelerator and the throttle control. I just had it towed for the 3rd time with 600 miles on it. I hope it's not a lemon.
Sorry to hear that ....... Why is it that some experience this crap and others have no trouble ...... ?
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
Swol335i

Who knows?

My uncle has a 2007 JK and has never had 1 issue.

Everyone else I know has issues but I figured I would give it a shot and hope for the best.

My friend Jimmy had his lemon lawed due to a leak in the back.
Jimmy's friend is trading his in due to a leak in the front.
My other friend Carlos had his lemon lawed due to the soft top leaking in the front. He in turn got another one and was hit by another driver and his 2nd jeep was totalled.
Another guy I know has a leak in the back and just deals with it. (I know a lot of leaks right?)

Mine is the only one I know out of my friends with mechanical issues but enough is enough already. I just hope they fix it but in the back of my mind I'm always going to worry about it now. I drove it 600 miles before it reoccurred the 2nd time and another 10 miles before the 3rd time.

Even if it WAS a lemon, there's nothing else out there that's quite like a Wrangler. Bummer.
Swol335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

Mine eventually just went off and hasn't came back on yet (knock on wood).
Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'
toyota4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
siroscar43

2008 Jeep Unlimited 4DR ETC ISSUES

Just got my jeep 11th August 13 and was running fine , just recently two day ago I been noticing that it takes a little bit to start the car. I have to wiggle the key back and forth just like the manual says then it comes on.. This only happened couple of times, and when it did the LIGHTNING BOLT light came on which was the ETC and remained on until I did this trick.. Now the car does not turn on and feels like the battery is dead but its the Electronic Throttle Control. The Dealership where I got it from could not give me a straight answer what to do or how to fix. Im nervous about this cause this is my first time this has ever happened.. Anybody has recommendation or advise or references that can help me fix this.. Im in Granada Hills Ca...
siroscar43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
JeepCares

Quote:
Quote:
Mine is the only one I know out of my friends with mechanical issues but enough is enough already. I just hope they fix it but in the back of my mind I'm always going to worry about it now. I drove it 600 miles before it reoccurred the 2nd time and another 10 miles before the 3rd time.

Even if it WAS a lemon, there's nothing else out there that's quite like a Wrangler. Bummer.
What year and total miles?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
Cathyadele
2008 JK Wrangler 

electronic throttle control warning light and won'

Hi. my Jeep will NOT start! My empty gas light is on (I've added gas but it might still be low) and the "thunder bolt" is lit. When I turn the key, it grinds just fine, but won't start AND doesn't automatically turn off when I let go of the key. I manually turn the key back to off to stop. I unplugged the battery in hopes of "rebooting" the lights, and also added a slow charge to insure that the battery is okay (9 month old battery). Still nothing. I'm going to run an OBD on it later. Any ideas? Thanks

2008 Wrangler, 55K miles, NO problems until now:
Cathyadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Wubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Add more gas. They don't really put much in the software for this problem, because they figure the gas light is a pretty big clue.

The starting thing is normal. Turning the key requests a start, engine cranks until it starts or times out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Wubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
Cathyadele
2008 JK Wrangler 

still won't start

I added gas, at least 2-3 gal, unhooked and rehooked battery up, gave it a good charge, and it still won't start. If I knew where the ETC was I'd kick it or beat it with a hammer (maybe it's good I don't). The LAST thing I want to do is take it to a dealer. Any ideas? I'm in FtWorth area of Texas. Thanks
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Wubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Buy or borrow a scan tool and read the codes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Wubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #14
Cathyadele
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubicon
Buy or borrow a scan tool and read the codes. Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Scanned codes P0522 P0463. I have the definitions but don't know what that really means along with the no starting and the ETC light on.

The engine did start after spraying gas into intake but stopped when that was gone. I read somewhere about a possible grounding problem on gas tank.
Unread 03-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #15
BlackJeep2013
2013 JK Wrangler 

Totally different vehicle but I had same issue on a 2500 Ram diesel dealership told me it was because I drive with 2 feet (habit from my first jeep) and I asked him if he was high. Anyways it also came and went only at low speeds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
BlackJeep2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.