Electrical Wierdness... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Electrical Wierdness...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Electrical Wierdness...

We had an unexpected hard rain a few day ago while I was stuck in a meeting, and the back softtop windows were not on the jeep. Full doors /with windows rolled up and top on.

So, I got a good 2 inches of water puddled up in the rear floorboard. Drove it home with no probs and parked it for the evening planning on vacuuming and drying in the morning.

Started her up, no gauges, wipers still going and wont shut off, no lights and wont go into gear. Kinda like the start mode when you use the remote start.

Anyway, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes to reset everything, and she started right up! Normal. Has been fine since then.

I have a hard time believing rainwater in the floorboards would have caused that.
Maybe the cpu just got fussy from the moisture?

Unread 07-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #2
Rtone1583
2009 JK Wrangler 

This thread is pretty much the problem you are having. Not sure if anything was resolved though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/f...-help-1544358/
Rtone1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like it could just be a moisture issue to me.

and that must have been one hell of a rainstorm if you had 2" of water with just the back windows out. the back of my jeep normally only gets damp when setup like that in any kind of rainstorm.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtone1583 View Post
This thread is pretty much the problem you are having. Not sure if anything was resolved though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/f...-help-1544358/
Thank you! Subscribed to that thread. Seems like the exact same issue I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOUXJ View Post
Sounds like it could just be a moisture issue to me.

and that must have been one hell of a rainstorm if you had 2" of water with just the back windows out. the back of my jeep normally only gets damp when setup like that in any kind of rainstorm.
Yeah, It was a downpour! We get 'em alot down here. Only lasts a half hour or so but the drops are about 2oz. of water each!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.