Electrical problems in my 07 Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Electrical problems in my 07 Sahara

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
IamB00B

Electrical problems in my 07 Sahara

Hey Everyone, I'm new to this forum and I am having some problems the past couple days with my Jeep. I have an 07 Sahara Unlimited which I've had for about 5 months now. It is totally stock. The past few days while driving its like the whole thing loses power, except for the engine which keeps running. The dash goes out, then all the warning lights come on, the fog lights go off, the signals don't work, etc.. On my way home from work last night, it kept doing this, like every 20 seconds it would just cut out, then it would come back on, and go out again. Has anyone experienced this? Very strange. I have an appt. at the dealership tomorrow morning, but i wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks

IamB00B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
donkie

Yes, this is a known issue, your dealer will upload the fix and all should be well...
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
IamB00B

Thanks for the reply. My Jeep is at the Dealership right now, been there all morning, and they haven't found the problem. Can someone please tell me what I can tell them to point them in the right direction?
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
Unlimitedboy87
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just picked up my Unlimited last monday, and it has done this over a dozen times since! It only seems to do it when i am leaving from a light or stop sign, but its doing the exact same thing as yours! My dealer basically said they couldnt help me, if you get yours fixed, let me know what it was, so i can get this issue fixed!
Unlimitedboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
Unlimitedboy87
2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe the problem!

If they didnt fix your wrangler, i think i found the TSB on the web! This would definately give the dealer the info to fix our problem! Im going to call my dealer tomorrow and book an appointment, hopefully they can get this fixed.. i hope this fixes it!
http://project-jk.com/images/tsb/TSB_08-053-06.pdf
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
XpensiveWino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimitedboy87
I just picked up my Unlimited last monday, and it has done this over a dozen times since! It only seems to do it when i am leaving from a light or stop sign, but its doing the exact same thing as yours! My dealer basically said they couldnt help me, if you get yours fixed, let me know what it was, so i can get this issue fixed!
How can you find that acceptable?

How pathetic are the jeep "techs" ?

How pathetic is Chrysler?

You need to get on a phone and chew some *** and contact a lemon law lawyer.

I've had my JK since August , only 2400 miles, leaky top "fixed". I like it, but with all the issues these JK's seem to have at any given time or mileage I don't trust it or feel safe in it as I should.

I'm just waiting for these sorry problems to start popping up so I can dump the thing. I hope they don't happen ,but IF they do, its gone. Because Jeep Chrysler is a Customer Service Warranty JOKE!

I've gone through it back in 2002 with a new Durango, and I won't go through the nightmare again.
XpensiveWino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
Unlimitedboy87
2007 JK Wrangler 

man, i love my new JK.. its used with 10K on it.. every car has their problems, its only one thing.. no reason to get excited to dump it already! Real jeep guys would understand that.. over one problem they couldnt fix on one attempt? no reason to chew anyones *** or contact a lemon law laywer.. gotta have some faith!
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
IamB00B

Update:

I picked my Sahara up from the dealership yesterday evening and they said , "could not duplicate issue, working at this time" yada yada. This even after I showed the service manager as well as the mechanic two videos of the problem in action from my phone. I have about 6 videos of this issue as its happening. They said that doesn't help them at all becuase if there is no code being thrown, there basically isn't anything they can do. They said bring it back when it is doing it. I got pissed and left.
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Unlimitedboy87
2007 JK Wrangler 

hey man, mines in the shop as we speak, they took it in at noon today. I brought in the copy of that TSB, and they said they should be able to fix it now. We'll see how they make out!
Unread 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #10
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4door18's
How can you find that acceptable?

How pathetic are the jeep "techs" ?

How pathetic is Chrysler?

You need to get on a phone and chew some *** and contact a lemon law lawyer.

I've had my JK since August , only 2400 miles, leaky top "fixed". I like it, but with all the issues these JK's seem to have at any given time or mileage I don't trust it or feel safe in it as I should.

I'm just waiting for these sorry problems to start popping up so I can dump the thing. I hope they don't happen ,but IF they do, its gone. Because Jeep Chrysler is a Customer Service Warranty JOKE!

I've gone through it back in 2002 with a new Durango, and I won't go through the nightmare again.
I had exactly the same thing - can't reproduce therefore it isn't a problem. When I reported to Chrysler their comment was "go to another dealer" Haven't yet had the chance to go to another dealer
Unread 11-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
dmerc

thankfully, I've had NO problems with my 08, but can't help but wonder if age and miles are gonna' turn these things into a huge can of worms. I like having the lifetime warranty, but it's not gonna' help for electrical/computer probs, hardening softop seals, etc...... The 4dr JK was the answer to my dreams, hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare!!
dmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #12
Unlimitedboy87
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Answer To Our Problems!

shes fixed! I drove it for about an hour today, and it didnt do it at all. What chrysler did was that TSB i put in one of the lines above. I asked why they didnt look into the TSB's last time i brought the vehicle in for this problem, and they said that TSB wasnt up yet.. hmm weird since the date on the TSB is long before LAST WEEEK! haha.. so i had to find the TSB myself.. but it worked.. b/c mine was to the point where i could make it do it if i wanted to.. and now, its all good! So if anyone is having this issue, print off that TSB, and bring it to your local dealership!
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
spolebitski

Can not duplicate is what I got when I told them about my jeep shutting off while driving at hwy speeds. they kept telling me "never herad of this" "are you sure this happened" "no one has reported this" "bring it in next time it happens we will run a test for codes" a few weeks later jeep issued a recall for this exact issue.
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #14
Crashpoint33
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ive had the same problem with my unlimited x. It's not as bad as you described (2x in the past year). I had the dealer flash the new software, but it just came back two days ago. Scared the crap out of me the first time bc I couldn't hear the motor running! I thought it was going to lock up and put my butt in someones grill. I still love my wrangler and I wouldn't get rid of it over something like that.
Crashpoint33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
rtilotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

I brought mine back to two dealers three times for the same problem - one dealer gave me the same "we couldn't duplicate the problem, bring it in if it does it again", the other dealer finally put in a new Integrated Power Module after flashing it twice. I've already filed under the Lemon Law, and if the new computer doesn't fix the problem, then I'm going have to have to keep complaining until they replace it. 2 days and counting with no problems since the new computer - hoping that it does the job. Keep on them I guess - if they tell you that they've "never heard of the problem", then they don't know much and you shouldn't trust them to fix it or they're lying to you. Good luck.

[COLOR="Navy"]2007 JK Wrangler
305/65/R17 on ProComp 17x9s
2.5" SkyJacker Lift[/COLOR]
rtilotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.